Health & Exercise

XP: Diet Help

My DH and I want to start limiting our processed foods - mainly eat fresh and frozen meats and vegs. Eat whole grain/wheat carbs and limit sugar.

Any website or diet plan suggestions? We were also considering adding in a protein shake once a day.

TIA

Re: XP: Diet Help

• I really need alittle more information and guide.  How many times to eat and good ideas of meal plans, etc.  Going it on my own is not working. 
  • My husband's best friend is a personal trainer and this is what he has us on.

This is the first month. I have no cheat day and my carbs are thru veggies only.

AM- 4-6 oz of protein and 2 veggies and supplements

midmorning snack- usually cheese, nuts like almonds,cashews ect about 4oz sometimes I eat a little more if I am hungry.

Lunch 4-6oz of protein and 2 veggies( I usually only eat 4oz unless it is after I wourkout)not a big meat eater.

snack--nuts, or cheese

I workout

Dinner- 6oz of protein and 3 veggies

snack before bed hard boil egg or avocado

I drink water all day long also.

This is specific for me you may not want to eat this much meat, you can also eat eggs but I would not eat them for all meals. Just so you can get and idea of what you need to do. For your husband if he works out and wants to build muscle his snacks should be a protein shake and my husband drinks only skim milk at night no snack. We will be adding carbs from bread but it will only be whole wheat ect.. But it won't be probably until next month. We also take supplements with are meals. I personally would seek out a nutrionist or personal trainer to gear your diet specifically for. Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MDC- 10-2-96 CEC- 4-12-98 EEC- 3-10-01
  • Loading the player...
  • :: lurking ::

I use caloriecounter.about.com to log all my food and that way I learn what to eat and what is good etc. It rates all food based on calories and nutrition so you can change foods around to make sure you are meeting nutritional values as well. It has worked for me, I lost 6lbs in 4 weeks this way and I still eat around 1500 calories a day.

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• The Gracious Pantry is a good site with lots of info. (thegraciouspantry.com). 

Once you are ready to flip the switch, here is her strategy in worksheet form:

https://www.thegraciouspantry.com/free-docs/how_to-convert_to-clean_eating.pdf 

Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
  • It sounds like you know what to do, you just want more guidance/resources. My first suggestion would be to see a good dietitian, but I'm biased because I am one ;)  However, you could check out clean eating recipes and meal plans online, since that is pretty much what you described in your OP. It's pretty basic. Eat less sugary, processed, junk foods, and eat more veggies, lean protein, whole grains, etc. I agree with the pp that you don't need protein shakes for the protein, but if you want a meal replacement shake that's up to you.
    imageimage
  • Thanks for all the help. 

We did alot of reasearch this week and 2 shopping trips.  I think we are on our way. 

• imagemccrazy:
    It sounds like you know what to do, you just want more guidance/resources. My first suggestion would be to see a good dietitian, but I'm biased because I am one ;)  However, you could check out clean eating recipes and meal plans online, since that is pretty much what you described in your OP. It's pretty basic. Eat less sugary, processed, junk foods, and eat more veggies, lean protein, whole grains, etc. I agree with the pp that you don't need protein shakes for the protein, but if you want a meal replacement shake that's up to you.

This.  and check out www.eatcleandiet.com  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Try cutting alot of meat out of your diet.  At least once or twice a week.  As a vegetarian, I promise that it is easy to find alternatives that are full of protein.  And you will feel great also!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I 100% believe in Clean Eating. It is a lifestyle not a diet and is truly about being healthy..and as a side effect you will lean out because you arent feeding your fat. A great resource is Tosca Reno's Eat Clean books and recipe books (I have them all and LOVE them) you can also access most of the info online in the clean eating websites/forums or through Oxygen magazine. Clean eating is how humans were meant to eat..no yucky processed white breads/sweets...Plus its a really easy switchover because you dont have to cut out any REAL food :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"