Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

First FEVER :(

Baby girl has her first fever. Highest it got was 101.8. I took her to the doctor on wednesday morning, about 12 hours after fever first set in. she's got a cold: snotty nose, croupy cough. She's in pretty good spirits, all things considering. He told us to give her tylenol as needed and just watch her. Going on day 3 now. She just woke up crying because she was congested and couldn't breathe. Checked her temp and its back up. I thought for sure it had broken last night. :( how long is too long for a fever? Any ideas/suggestions on how to make her feel/sleep better. We've been sleeping in the carseat (inclined, so we can breathe), irrigating the nose, taking lukewarm baths with vapor bath in it, baby vapor rub, etc. I just don't know what to do. :(
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: First FEVER :(

• Options
    My only suggestion is to use Advil instead of Tylenol. Hope your baby feels better soon!
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm of the school of thought that a fever is not a bad thing on its own. It's just a sign that your baby's body is fighting off an infection, which it sounds like she is since she has a cold.

In your case, I'd just treat the sympoms of the cold and monitor the fever. You can always give Tylenol or Motrin if you're concerned the fever is going too high (like 104/105), but the fever itself is not harmful unless it gets really high.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"