Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

LO only wants Puffs!

...and other goodies, like Mummums, Veggie dip Gerber puffs, Yogurt Melts... I do not spoon feed, since he refused that a while ago. He's very independent, haha. So, I do what I think is a modified version of BLW. He does it himself, but its all in soft pieces. So, I wil put him in his highchair for lunch, and give him avocado, and yolk or sweetpotatos and carrots and he'll have maybe a taste and then start slappping it. If I pull out Puffs, just to have him at least practice and get used to actually eatin gfood, he'll scarf them up with no problem. I think he'd eat half a can if I let him, lol.

Anyway, any other LO's doing this, and if so what are you doing about it? I hate to take away the kids Puffs! TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: LO only wants Puffs!

• Options

mine is like this but I can still spoon feed her so long as she also has a spoon of her own in her hand!  She will fuss and try to get out of the chair after a few bites of baby food via spoon at some meals, then I pull out the mum mums, etc and she eat these all day!  I think its part of the independence.  She just wants to do it herself and these are what she feels confident with.

so to answer your question- I haven't taken away what she likes, but handing her her own spoon helps.  The other is clapping and acting very excited when she takes bites from the spoon if she is trying to just have crackers.  That works, too!

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Our LO does exactly this, so it is funny that you posted this. I just keep doing what you are doing. I offer fresh fruits and veggies first and then if she tosses them overboard or isn't touching them, I'll give her Mum Mums, Puffs, happy munchies, etc. I think those foods are so easy to chew and swallow that for awhile that is all my LO will eat. I am hoping it will get better when she gets teeth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"