Cloth Diapering
Options

sanatize setting on washer

My friend said she can only do cloth diapers if she does a service because she doesn't have a sanitize option on her washer. I've never heard of this before. I don't have that option and I've never been concerned. I pre rinse, wash hot, double rinse.  Am I missing something?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sanatize setting on washer

• Options
    Over here most people don't have a hot water input for their washing machines, so I've always washed in cold water. They come out perfectly clean! I sometimes add a few drops of TTO to the final rinse for the anti-bacterial action, but that's it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMoandsweetpea:
    My friend said she can only do cloth diapers if she does a service because she doesn't have a sanitize option on her washer. I've never heard of this before. I don't have that option and I've never been concerned. I pre rinse, wash hot, double rinse.  Am I missing something?

You friend is misinformed.  A prerinse in cold, then a heavy duty wash on hot with an extra rinse at the end will clean diapers.  If she REALLY thinks she needs to sanatize them she can use a 1/4 of bleach once a month or a few drops of tea tree oil in every wash.

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"