Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How was your first period after D&C?

I had my D&C on the 24th of last month. Finally stopped bleeding about a week ago. Last night I spotted a little so I assumed my period was coming.  Today I started gushing blood, soaked through several pairs of pants and passed a bunch of golf ball sized clots so I called my OB. He said it can be totally normal.

Anyone else experience this? How long did it last?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How was your first period after D&C?

• After my D&C I bled for 3 weeks, stopped for one week then got my period a month to the day of my D&C. My first period was wierd, I bled (not too heavily) for 2 days, stopped for a day then spotted for 2 days and that was it. Anxiously awaiting my next one to see if its more normal. It's frustrating waiting for everything to be back to normal.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine was pretty much the same as you described it and as a matter of fact my next couple were off as well.  I also had some spotting mid-cycle for a few months after which is completely normal according to my DR.  Keep in mind that your body just went through a lot and it will take it a while to get back to "normal" and sometimes that might take a while.  Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly from here on in.
    Kat Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be inclined to think it wasn't your period, but the end of the m/c.  Personally I've never had an actual period that involved golf-ball sized clots.  I was told it is normal to have bleeding on & off until the next cycle begins.

To answer your question though my first post-D&C period was a bit heavier than normal, but overall pretty normal.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I stopped bleeding then  started again a few days later after my d&c, it was much heavier than my initial bleeding, with clots.   I bled and spotted for almost three weeks.

Then 5 weeks after my d&c, AF showed up, it was really bad and lasted 15 days.

• I've always had heavy clotting, but what is normal for you? I just had my D&C yesterday and I have no idea what to expect. My bleeding is very, very light.... Barely need a pantyliner.... I am afraid of my next period though.... 
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • imageamp61470:
    I've always had heavy clotting, but what is normal for you? I just had my D&C yesterday and I have no idea what to expect. My bleeding is very, very light.... Barely need a pantyliner.... I am afraid of my next period though.... 

I have had clots with my period before but just very small ones. Nothing like I experienced yesterday. It was a bit scary since I'd never experienced that before.

I bled very little following my D&C, then after about a week the bleeding picked up to a light period.  At my one week post-op my OB found a piece of tissue on my cervix so she removed that in the office and it lightened up and then finally stopped last week.

Today I'm not bleeding at all. So weird.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone!

• I found that the 3-4 days leading up to starting my period where the worst. My actual period was pretty normal.  But that cramping before it started was alot worse than normal.    I find it odd that soaking through several pairs of pants and passing clots would be considered normal. When i was soaking through several pairs of pants and passing clots, I had tissue stuck in my cervix and ended up in the ER. I would for sure call your OB back if it doesn't lighten up soon.
    BFP #1 03/2010 EDD 11/18/2010 DD born 11/03/2010 BFP #2 12/02/2011 CP on 12/05/2011 BFP #3 12/28/2011 EDD 09/10/2012 Missed mc @ 9w3d on 02/09/2012 D&C 03/06/2012 BFP #4 04/24/2012 EDD 01/02/2013 CP on 04/29/2012
  • imagemhubbar5:
    I found that the 3-4 days leading up to starting my period where the worst. My actual period was pretty normal.  But that cramping before it started was alot worse than normal.    I find it odd that soaking through several pairs of pants and passing clots would be considered normal. When i was soaking through several pairs of pants and passing clots, I had tissue stuck in my cervix and ended up in the ER. I would for sure call your OB back if it doesn't lighten up soon.

I thought it was odd too and was so freaked out, but today I haven't bled at all so I guess it's really okay! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"