Blended Families
Options

Spring break

SS is on spring break this week.  Last year we went to Florida on vacation...it was super fabulous.  However, considering that this year I am 37 weeks pregnant, I did not plan a vacation.

DH took the week off work to do stuff around the house and yard.  SS has been helping him and claims he is having a great spring break.  SS learned to chop wood this week with an axe.  Now he says he wants an axe for his birthday.

What I'm wondering about is this BM who wants to talk to SS every day (and threatens to call the police on days she does not) did not ask for ANY time with SS over this week.  She sees him this weekend, and didn't even ask for an early pick up tomorrow.  Strange right?

Oh and apparently last time she saw SS she told him the reason she needs to talk to him every day is so she knows he is safe and hasn't been run over by a car or something.  WHAT?!  BM...don't you think if there was an accident someone would TELL you?

Just a rant.  I'm glad there wasn't a fight about spring break, but the paperwork does mention spring break being split evenly between "the parties".  But DH wasn't about to bring it up if she didn't since SS asked to stay here for spring break.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~

Re: Spring break

• Options
    SD has spring break next week and the daycare is open all week except for Friday. BM has the kids Thurs night and during the day on Friday but I figured she'd want to work because she prob gets paid OT (she's a workaholic for sure!). I need a break from work so took Friday off and asked BM if I could hang out with the kids that day. I also asked if they could just sleep over Thurs night so we all don't have to wake up as early as she does for work. I expected her to say no, or at the very least to not want to bring them over until right before bed so she could have more time with them. But she's bringing them over at like six! She lives like 5 min from us so it's not a convenience thing. I told her she could wait till like 8:30 even, but she doesn't want to. It is what it is, and the kids prob won't care. But BM has a new BF and it's become apparant in other instances as well that he's more important to her right now than her kids. DH is having a rough time with all this...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    smh I totatlly understand. I have 2 SS and the oldest SS MOM always threatens us. (hoping to get him this spring break) but I dont worry Because now SS #1 is able to decide who he wants to live with and they both want to live with us. Not bragging but its cause of me Wink they love there dad but havent made a big deal about living with him until they met me. They tell me im a great mom all the time and this will be my first biological child. We usually go to florida also *universal studios* this year they want to go to Nick or busch gardens. even tho i cant ride anything just knowing they are having a good time makes me feel good. Good Luck and do not worry!!!! The child decides not BM
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepiffle42:

This year DS stayed home for his spring break and our CO says that it should be split (but we alternate it every other year).  He was home last year too but if his BF didn't want to take him I wasn't going to argue.  He's also decided not to see DS this summer (he's allowed up to 5 weeks) so I have a feeling this is all going downhill form here.  There will probably end up being at least a year gap between the last time he saw him and the next time he will.

But if you SS's BM didn't ask to split spring break I wouldn't think much of it and I'd just enjoy the extra time!  Hopefully she won't bring it up next year and try to keep him for all of it.

I talk to my DS on the phone every day when he's gone to visit his BF too, so I can kind of understand her position, but the daily phone calls for me are in the CO and DS calls every night before bed so they're short calls.  I'm allowed to call him 3 times a week for a longer call.  I think it's a bigger deal because he only sees his BF a couple times a year at the most, they don't have a good relationship, and there have been problems in the past that he didn't inform me of that he should have (fortunately nothing super major, but of course it makes me wonder what else they're hiding).  I don't know how old your SS is and if he wants to call every day, but I wouldn't make a big deal about it.  I'm guessing if she hears his voice she knows he's fine, even if she's disappointed if he doesn't want to be chatty.

My SS is 8 and will be 9 in less than a month.  He does not want to call his BM everyday simply because she grills him with tons of questions and it really makes him irritable.  He told her he would like to call her a couple times a week and if something different or exciting happens, he will call her to tell her about it.  BM says she does not believe SS and claims DH is not allowing SS to use the phone.  This is not true...but we cannot convince her otherwise, so we have stopped trying to.

SS lives with us and sees BM EOW.  He is doing just fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"