Cloth Diapering

Out of Town for a long weekend. Do you CD?

I know it's early but I will be going out of town with the family for Memorial weekend.  We usually leave Friday afternoon and come back sometime Monday afternoon/evening. 

I'm a little nervous about CDing while we are there.  We don't have access to a washing maching. 

Right now DS is going through about 7-8 diapers a day and we have 29 diapers.

Have any of you done this and is there anything that you would recommend to help me out if we do the CD route?

Thanks for you help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Out of Town for a long weekend. Do you CD?

• I'll be going out of town with our LO for the first time this weekend. Only 2 nights, but I plan to bring 30 diapers and a large wetbag.

What type of diapers do you use? Maybe invest in a few more for the trip? Maybe even just a few prefolds and a cover just in case 29 isn't enough?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you'll have enough to last you. Worst case scenario, you have to make a run to the store for some sposies. I say go for it, just make sure you have a big enough wetbag(s). 

Also, when you get home, wash them in maybe two smaller loads instead of one big one.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We've gone several times for a 4 day weekend and had success. We made sure the bulk of our stash was ready to go with us. We took a small and large wet bag.  Solids we dumped out, one time we "dunked" a particularly messy one and bagged it up to bring home.  I don't think much longer than that is doable, but we had no problems.
  • We are going out of town for a couple days and plan on CDing. We have about 30-35 diapers that fit her right now, which will be more than enough to get away with no laundry while gone. 

If you're worried, you could bring along some sposies JUST in case, or buy some flats and covers. 

DD 1.18.2012
  • I use Econobum covers and Flip disposable inserts when we travel.  I have 3 covers and purchase an two 18 count inserts and off we go. 

Cottonbabies is selling seconds on their Flip covers right now.

• I have gone out of town several times for long weekends and have used cloth successfully. Just make sure to throw them in the wash as soon as you et home!
  • Right now I have pockets, but I also have a few gdiapers that I have given up on,  I might just have to try them again and see if they will work better now that LO is older and bigger.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I CDed over the holidays but we were at my mom's house and we washed the CDs before coming home. If you don't have access to a washer I would be hesitant, and I'm a HUGE fan of CDing no matter what. But your drive home might be stinky if you have several days worth of CDs in your car with you!

• I'm travelling for Easter next weekend, and I'm bringing my 3 dozen prefolds and 6 flip covers as well as my 2 pocket diapers for the actual car trips.  I'm putting the wetbag in the trunk so it just makes the trunk stinky instead of the rest of the car.  We may buy a pack of disposables just in case.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"