April 2011 Moms

Last day of pumping...woo hoo!

Today is my last day of school before my spring break, so today is my last day of pumping before DD's 1st birthday! Big Smile Yippee!! I plan to start the weaning process of eliminating daytime feedings over break (DD goes to a sitter, so this is a good time to do it.) She is EBF and has been doing well with the introduction to some WCM in her BM bottles for the last week or so. I am so happy we've almost made it to a year!! It's been so tough but so rewarding at the same time. I will continue to nurse her when we're together as long as she wants to and as long as my body will keep up. I am very emotional these days, thinking about how she's growing up so fast and how special our BFing bond has been. I didn't think I could EBF for a year, but after a lot of perseverance and motivation, we did it! 

Thanks for letting me share, and buh-bye pump! lol. 

imageimage
imageimage

Re: Last day of pumping...woo hoo!

• Congrats on making it to a year!  I give you major props!  My goal was 3 months (which I'm happy to say I made) but I quit right then and there and I was on a year long mat leave!!  I give mommas lots of credit the BF and pump for a whole year!
  • Congrats Mama! BFing is one of the toughest things I have ever done. Pumping is even worse. After being hooked up to a pump and milked like a cow at least every 2 hours LO's first 2 months I was glad to be done with it. I think pumping for a year is incredible! Way to go :)
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What a great feeling, huh? Congrats!
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • I've been two weeks free from pumping at work.  It is AWESOME!  Congrats on making it to one year.  I only had to pump 2-3 days per week; I can't imagine doing more. 

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • That's great! I can't wait to say good bye to the pump. I bet it's a great feeling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"