Postpartum Depression
Options

Trazodone for sleeping?

When I had PPD, I was eventually prescribed Trazodone for sleeping, which I took for 3 or 4 months. I wasn't BFing at the time. 

Now I am.  And while I am pretty sure I don't have PPD or any of the symptoms I had the first time around, I still don't sleep well unless I take Trazodone.  

Anyone take it for sleeping while BFing? I usually only take .25mg at the beginning of the night and then a half of that dose to get back to sleep when I am up pumping (I EBF during the day and pump at night) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trazodone for sleeping?

• Options

I took it (generally 50mg/night) the first six months or so of DD's life and nursed her that whole time without issue.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagejenny1980:

I took it (generally 50mg/night) the first six months or so of DD's life and nursed her that whole time without issue.

Thank you! I haven't noticed any changes in DD's behavior since I started taking it last week.  I typically take 25mg at around 9:45 and sleep from 10-3 or 4 and then feed, take about .15mg (I cut the 50 into thirds) and go back to sleep for another hour or two until my DS wakes up.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been on Trazodone to sleep for years. My dr. says that it is safe to continue during BFing--There is a website called lacmed (I think) that will tell you if a med is expressed in breast milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"