Blended Families

It's for the parents..

so will you be able to come? 

That is what SS said to me.  Aagh little things make my heart happy!!!

So SS called me at 9.10pm last night. 

SS:  Phantom, you know that play we are doing at school, remember I told you it was on this week?

Me:  No I don't think you did tell me.

SS:  O.  Well its on tomorrow night at 7pm.  Its a viewing for the parents will you be able to come?

Me:  :::totally forgetting about the short notice and late call:::  Sure kiddo daddy and I will see you there.

On a side note, he called me from BM phone as she was putting him to bed.  I guess she asked him if we were coming and he 'remembered he forgot'.   Good that he felt comfortable enough to refer to me as a parent in front of her and 'telling' that they chose to call me and not DH.

The not so goods:

• No communication between BM and DH.
  • BM preferring to coparent with me.
  • Leaving it up to a 10 year old to tell us things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's for the parents..

• Love this! Have fun!
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • And that is why we hug our skids even when it might feel uncomfortable at first! :)  

DH and I get such a kick out of the kids telling me they love me in front of BM!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerachi1285:

And that is why we hug our skids even when it might feel uncomfortable at first! :)  

DH and I get such a kick out of the kids telling me they love me in front of BM!

My intentions would never be to make BM uncomfortable, in fact quite the opposite.

I'm just happy that my SS is at ease with his life situation and that we are all making it work for us.

I guess it is a sense of accomplishment for me because I have been the one in our situation to 'build bridges'.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerachi1285:

And that is why we hug our skids even when it might feel uncomfortable at first! :)  

Why ?

Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • I like the fact that my skids feel comfortable enough to tell me they love me in front of their mom because it means they aren't getting sucked into the drama between her and DH and I. They love all of us and are open about it in front of all of us. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was being cruel.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes  Awww!
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • imageJ&A2008:
    Yes  Awww!

Exactly this.  So nice to hear a positive story for a change.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"