Eco-Friendly Family

Cosmetics

Surely this has been covered but I couldn't find a post by scrolling so thank you for repeating yourself. Can you recommend an affordable cosmetics line that scores really well on the EWG skin deep safe cosmetics no yucky chemicals scale and will keep my skin looking wrinkle free (crossing fingers) and just generally make me beautiful :). I usually wear Jane Iredale dream tint, under eye concealer, a little mascara and gloss but thinking there might be a better product line out there.

Double points if I can buy it locally- I have a thing against paying shipping fees and DH gets stabby about it. I have a bunch of everyday minerals eyeshadows and blushes but I could never really figure out how to purchase skin stuff like everyday tinted moisturizer without seeing it. I am so bad at figuring out my skin tones :(. Maybe there is a company that has reps like an organic Mary Kay?

. I Especially need to find a good skincare line. I looked up the Avalon Organics that I have been buying at the health food store and it didn't score quite as well as I thought it would on EWG :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cosmetics

• Look into 100%pure.com. I love their products, not overly cheap but free shipping and gifts over certain limits

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

• I've been using Real Purity products and love them. Very light, chemical-free, rated well on EWG. Only thing is I haven't found them local, had to order online. But they have very affordable samples so you can try it before you invest much money.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I adore my Bare Minerals. I've used it for years. No chemicals, no preservatives, no fillers, no waxes, no oils, and it's a natural sunblock. Plus, you can get it at any Sephora store, even the ones in JCPenny. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had good luck with 100% Pure, though I'm often waiting on them to restock the items I need.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"