TTC after 35
Options

Started IVF stims today

So . . . I just injected myself with Gonal-F and Menopur, kicking off my first IVF cycle.  I have been so stressed out leading up to the start of my cycle that I don't really feel ready to begin -- I have serious job stress right now, I spent 4 hours over several days on the phone with two insurance companies and STILL had to pay for the meds out of pocket (hopefully I'll be reimbursed, but who knows), my mother was visiting until yesterday (usually a good thing, but it was one more thing to worry about), and basically until today I was experiencing super-crankiness from PMS.  I'm grumpy, stressed, and wiped out.  

And then, to put a cherry on top, this morning my AFC was significantly lower than it was a couple of months ago; it went from 10-12 to 7-8.  My FSH hadn't budged, thank god, but the AFC was certainly not the good sign I was hoping for.  My RE increased my Gonal-F dose from 225 to 300 (+ 150 Menopur) when she saw the ultrasound.  :-(

All in all, I'm really not optimistic about how this cycle is going to go.  I would have delayed a month but I have a trip planned that would interfere with the second half of a May cycle -- and it's a trip with extended family that is a big event and impossible to reschedule.

I've been hoping for so long that IVF might give me the extra boost I need to finally get KU . . . and instead I already feel like it's not going to work.  Clearly I need to turn my head around.  Though maybe it's better if I don't get my hopes up in any event.  Sometimes I feel like my stubborn body just doesn't know how to be pregnant.  I feel cursed.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you've gotten this far. 

Re: Started IVF stims today

• Options

Sounds like you have a LOT on your plate all at once. You can totally do this, though! Focus on the prize, take a deep breath, and just keep taking one day at a time. (Says the woman who is not on IVF.)

FX for you that this cycle continues better than it feels like it started!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    Good luck!  And I hope you get the insurance issues worked out.  I know how frustrating that can be.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm stressed just reading about all you're dealing with right now. I hope the insurance situation clears up.  And despite the discouraging start, I hope this IVF cycle is a success.  Good luck!
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    Good luck!  I'm sorry that you are having a stressful time; I hope you start to feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so sorry about your insurance, I hope you are able to be re-imbursed.  IVF is stressful itself without having to worry about the insurance crap.

I'm in the middle of stimming right now, so you are just a couple of days behind me (I'm on 225 Gonal F and 225 Menopur, so 450 IU's total like you).  Best of luck with your cycle, I hope we both get some good follies!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Options

I know it's never fun to see your AFC drop, but I do think that 7-8 follicles is still pretty good! That said, I ended up having a few more follies pop up than were seen at my initial u/s, so you may have even more that were just not visible. Not all of them matured in my case, but just so you know that it's not uncommon to end up with more eggs than your AFC. (I know because I googled the $hit out of it!)

I hope that work and life calm down a little bit for you in the next few weeks. Take care of yourself - we are rooting for you! 

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry about all the stress your dealing with. Hopefully it calms down and think positive thoughts!! GL

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Wishing you luck. Try to just take it day by day and not think too much. I know it is hard. Hugs.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    Wishing you luck. Try to just take it day by day and not think too much. I know it is hard. Hugs.

Good luck from me too! Most likely things will look great by the first ultrasound and you'll start to feel more confident again. 

• Options
    Good luck with your IVF.....just take it a day at a time, anything more can be overwhelming.  Fingers crossed that this is your only IVF, and then you will be so glad that you cycled!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Thanks, you guys.  I'm trying to de-stress.  It's hard to de-stress when you're stressing about de-stressing, though, LOL.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for all the stress.  Good luck!
  • Options

Good luck! I just took my first BCP for my IVF cycle to begin in 3 weeks. I can't believe it's finally happening. 

I'm sorry about all of your struggles, but maybe it's best to be distracted so the IVF doesn't become a huge focus? Have you tried a meditation mp3 at the end of the day? I do that when my head is spinning so much and it really helps.

A while ago someone on this board said to me that at certain times of life we just have to turn the focus to babymaking (instead of being a star at work, or finding a boyfriend, etc.) and you have done just that.

You can do it, and you are already one day in. This will go by really fast and then hopefully you will be pregnant before you know it! 

ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

BTW, an AFC of 7-8 is still pretty good. My RE yesterday said that it's harder when the AFC is below 5 but they don't worry if it's above that.

ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagesolarflare:

BTW, an AFC of 7-8 is still pretty good. My RE yesterday said that it's harder when the AFC is below 5 but they don't worry if it's above that.

Thanks, solar.  That's good to know.

• Options
    Good Luck.  Take some time to just take a breath!
  • Options
    I had my injections class today.  I can totally see why you would be stressed out.  One woman asked a really good question.  She said "now I don't want anyone to be concerned about me but would it be OK if we did a shot of alcohol right before the injection."  The good news is that the nurse teaching the class actually said that it was a good idea just not to over do it on the alcohol.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through such a rough road to get there, but I hope it leads you to where you hope to be in the end!
  • Options

So much going on! Hopefully you can find some time for yourself in the next few weeks--get a pedicure and spend an hour reading trashy magazines. That's my favorite way to de-stress. Somehow reading about celebrity drama makes me feel better about my own life. Smile

Good luck with this cycle! The time is going to fly!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"