Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Diaper Bag Question

I got  (what I thought) was a great diaper bag at my baby shower.  LO is now 8 months old and the strap is coming apart. This is my first baby so I don't know how much longer I will need a huge bag with 100 pockets. If I will be using it for awhile, I'll shell out for a more expensive bag.  But if I won't need it after 4 months or so, I might go a cheaper route.  Mothers of 2 or more, how long do you use a large diaper bag?

Re: Diaper Bag Question

• Options
    aandgaandg member
    I got a PPB Boxy Backpack with DS and I still use it when we go out for more than an hour or two. It has enough room for 2 kids things, but isn't ginormous and heavy.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've got an 8 month old and a 3.5 year old and I still use a massive bag.

Ds is still potty training so I have to schlep a change of clothes and a few pairs of underwear, plus match box cars etc...

I can't see getting rid of it until DD is potty trained.  All in all, I'll have used a large diaper bag for 5-6 YEARS before I'm done!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like any of the skip hop bags. There are bigger or smaller ones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I stopped schlepping by diaper bag around about a month ago.  I keep it fully stocked in the car, but just toss a diaper and wipes into my purse when we are going in someplace that we might be long enough to require a diaper change.  I do BF and DS eats table food so that might make a difference for if you need one or not.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageohfour:

I have a 2 yr and an 8 month old.  We don't use our large diaper bag on a regular basis anymore, only for outings and for traveling.  I have a very small diaper bag that we use for errands (grocery shopping, etc). 

My big diaper bag is a Skip Hop and I have to chime in and say that it's falling apart already (thus the reason I bought a new diaper bag).  I only used a few times a month and am pretty gentle on bags, so I'm extremely disappointed in the quality. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was using a beautiful, custom made bag...but it started to get too small. I was afraid of ruining it, so I switched to a larger bag. $20 at wal mart. Very sturdy bag....no problems so far. Been carrying it for a few months now. That being said, I'm only packing for one kid.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    imagekrisim:

imageohfour:

I have a 2 yr and an 8 month old.  We don't use our large diaper bag on a regular basis anymore, only for outings and for traveling.  I have a very small diaper bag that we use for errands (grocery shopping, etc). 

My big diaper bag is a Skip Hop and I have to chime in and say that it's falling apart already (thus the reason I bought a new diaper bag).  I only used a few times a month and am pretty gentle on bags, so I'm extremely disappointed in the quality. 

Huh. I've had the opposite experience with mine. It's been nearly a year of daily heavy use and the only wear it's showing is stains on the bottom. I've even machine washed it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"