Parenting after a Loss
Options

crib mattress pad?

Is it supposed to go under the sheet (to protect the mattress) or over the sheet (to protect the sheet) or both? I feel very dumb, but we never used it with my son and I am clueless. TIA
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
Proud mama to Cameron
Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
Proud mama to Melanie

Re: crib mattress pad?

• Options
    I don't use one (his mattress is vinyl covered, so why?) I would guess it would go under the sheet just like an adult bed.  I'd be wary of adding too much thickness or bulk to the crib, though. 
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't use one on the mattress because our mattress is vinyl covered so there's no point.  However, I do lasagna the sheets, so I layer this way - mattress, sheet, mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad, sheet.  Three sheets is the max I can fit on the mattress and in the crib.  While it does take a bit more time (maybe a minute?) to do initially, it's so much easier to change sheets when you have to thanks to puke, spit up, diaper blowouts, etc...
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She is using the same vinyl mattress my son used and somehow in the 1.5 years he used it there are a bunch of cracks in the vinyl so I bought the pad with the thought to put it between the mattress and sheet, but now actually putting it on I was second guessing.... Karen I am definately doing what you are doing with the stacking when we have to lower the crib (it is such a PITA on the low setting)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • Options
    Weird that it's cracking!  You can try calling the manufacturer to see if they have a fix.  I've also heard that there are mattress pads that zip on over the mattress, so it's basically a new cover.  That might be easier to put sheets over than the pads.  Plus, I had a hard time finding pads that cover the entire mattress.  That wasn't an issue when DS was younger, but now that he travels the crib nightly, it's more of an issue.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    I have a Carter's one...although the mattress is waterproof.  It is fitted and doesn't make it harder to change the sheets. Some of the other pads didn't look so easy.  I got one because I thought it would help keep LO from sweating as well as keep the mattress clean. 
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

imageKaren1998:
    I don't use one on the mattress because our mattress is vinyl covered so there's no point.  However, I do lasagna the sheets, so I layer this way - mattress, sheet, mattress pad, sheet, mattress pad, sheet.  Three sheets is the max I can fit on the mattress and in the crib.  While it does take a bit more time (maybe a minute?) to do initially, it's so much easier to change sheets when you have to thanks to puke, spit up, diaper blowouts, etc...

This exactly, it's the best time saver ever!

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ours is under the sheet.  I also put it on there to minimize sweating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"