Single Parents
Options

Child support/custody questions

Now that my son is 2 I am going to go and re-file for child support. Last time since he lives in a diffrent state they decided they werent going to make any attempt to find him. Even after I gave them multiple addresses and made sure I filled out all the paperwork I was supposed to they somehow "lost" the papers they needed. Anyways I'm worried that when I file and he does have to give me CS they will change the custody agreement. Can they do that? It's 2 seprate things right?

He never gets him when he is supposed to or he cancels at the last minute. Everyone just keeps saying just go and change his visitation. But Im not sure if I want to. Yes it sucks when I think he is coming to get him so I plan something to do and then he doesnt show up and it really pisses me off, but he only gets him maybe 2-3 times a month if that usually less. So Im not sure what I should do? I cant force him to be a dad or take my son when he doesnt want to.

So I guess my questions are 1) If i file and get granted child support can they change his visitation? Or would one of us have to file to modify it? 2) Should I even bother worrying about his visitation and going to court to try and change it since he never gets him anyways?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Child support/custody questions

• Options

Rephrase, less blunt: Was it you that moved to Texas?

• Options
    Nope wasnt me. Basically Im just curious if I get child support from his father can they change the visitation schedule that we have now without one of us filing for a change? Or does one of us have to go in and file for modification? And his dad is supposed to get him 2 times a week and doesnt he might get him maybe 2-3 times a month. Should I go to court and try to have his visitation changed or just deal with it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Child support and parenting time are two seperate issues.  You can't force him to see his child  but you can get in trouble for not making your child available during the scheduled parenting time
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I make sure I have him ready to go even though I know hes not going to show up.
  • Options
    I can only speak for TX, but here, its' a modified standard possesion order if the NCP lives more than 100 miles from the PCP. (It's a big state...happens a lot) The AG here will set the initial custody agreement up IF the parents agree or one parent is a no show, but to have it modified, it has to be done separately. Since you laready have a custody agreement, I'm going to say you need to talk to a lawyer to have it modified. Living in another state WILL get the order adjusted.
  • Options

1)  No, you going for child support will not change visitation.  The child support office doesn't care about visitation and will not modify it.

2)  Do you think your ex would ask for more time if you try to give him less?  If so, I'd just leave it at what it is and be happy that he doesn't take advantage of all of the time he gets.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"