Working Moms

Stay at home work

Anyone know of any really good stay at home jobs??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stay at home work

• Check the top of the SAH board. They have suggestions.

What do you currently do? Most moms who work from home do what they did at the office, but if you give us your skills or schooling, maybe we can help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • imagejenuine:

Check the top of the SAH board. They have suggestions.

What do you currently do? Most moms who work from home do what they did at the office, but if you give us your skills or schooling, maybe we can help.

Thanks!!

I'm currently a Paralegal. Was in banking for several years prior but, if there are good opportunities anywhere else, I'll consider it.

• Loading the player...
  • Have you thought about tutoring math? A girlfriend does that for good money and flexible hours. She has a high school neighbor babysit while she tutors, does a babysitting swap or has kids over on the nights when her husband is home. She posted a job online and talked with the high school's math department.

Most work from jobs won't let you have your kid underfoot so you will likely need some form of child care. Work from home doesn't necessarily mean play with baby all day. You'd be both doing a poor job of parenting and working if you tried to do both at once.

Life is good!
  • imagejenuine:

I'm not finding this on the SAH board. 

?

• imagemrsacp:
    imagejenuine:

?

Look in the FAQ a the top right.

Life is good!
  • How much work are you looking for? Doing something full time or anywhere near full time isn't going to be realistic unless you have some type of in home care for your LO. If you are thinking part time have you talked with your current/former employers? My sister is a lawyer and she does part time legal research and writes summaries for the court of appeals. It is part of a program they started a few years back but maybe you could figure out something similar with your company. It isn't a huge income though, the most she manages is a few hours here in there during the week while the kids are at school or napping or after her husband comes home in the evenings. It is more for extra money than a real income.
    The bumpie formerly known as First Time in MI
  • imagemrsacp:
    Anyone know of any really good stay at home jobs??

when you find one, please let everyone else here know! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Where are you located?
  • imagemrsacp:
    imagejenuine:

?

SAHM is Stay at home Mom- it's right below the Special Needs board to the left

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Also OP, we can all assure that no one will pay you to stay at home and hang out with your kid all day.  You will get flamed elsewhere for asking this question. 

Most people who work from home had established careers before getting KU and transitioned into WAH roles. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"