LGBT Parenting
Options

anyone have a pep talk on them? or a bottle of tequila?

Holy crapoly I am having a ROUGH week. S is a million miles away (ok, well, not a *million* but Amman, Jordan is pretty darn far), so I'm on my own with the kiddos. Which by itself would be totally fine, but it is also THE WEEK of a HUGE work event for me. On Friday I am hosting a conference to present the results of a major once-a-decade research project I've been leading for the past few years. Not only am I hosting, but I also have to give an hour-long presentation about the project and results. ADD to that that I am in charge of a major media release this week and another major media release next week, and I'm DROWNING. Oh, and did I mention that the kiddos have been up from 3-5 AM every night this week?

At this point I'm pretty much just holding it together because I *have* to. I did schedule a babysitter for this evening because I have to work late. I'm thinking I'll use the last half hour of her time to just sit in my car alone and have a good cry.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: anyone have a pep talk on them? or a bottle of tequila?

• Options
    ((((((hugs))))))) If I were closer I'd offer to babysit so you could have some time. The other option is you can put the kiddos on a plane to Boston. Sorry this week has been rough...
  • Options

I am so sorry! If I wasn't home solo with the kids tonight and tomorrow, I would totally come help out.  Hope the kids sleep through the night for you tonight.

When does S come home?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs.  I am so sorry that things are so rough.  Can you get the babysitter to come more this week?  I would call in all my favors from friends and ask for some help.  I wish I were local too I would gladly take the kids for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto the other ladies, I sure wish I were closer and could give you a break and a drink...or three. Sending lots of hugs your way and hoping for a better night's sleep for all tonight!!!
  • Options

((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Just know that you will be able to make it past this week :) With success and confidence on your heart. Enjoy your cry in the car....but know that you are doing a great job.  

Amman, Jordan...A lot of people at my job have been going over there. I was emailed a picture of a gold toilet.  

• Options
    You can do this! I know I only had one child to raise, but when it was just me and her we had our rough weeks.  You will find your rhythm and things will start to click - I promise!  Make an extra pot of coffee and when you are at work, let work be just work.  The kiddos are well cared for during the day so take a break from being a mommy and put your energy into the work events.  It's not easy but you'll likely end up feeling less stressed about the work events.  Hang in there and if you need to call at 3am there is good chance I'll be awake too Stick out tongue 
  • Options

Almost forgot....

• Options

it must just bee rough week week ... HERE TOO !!!!  Sorry and HUGS .. but you are fricken amazing and you can do it and you know YOU ARE DOING IT and you will KILL KILL This work presentation because YOU ARE THAT GOOD ...

OH and when you pass a MIRROR look in to it and SAY - YOU GOT THIS !! because you really do ... !!!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    hlkehlke member

I am simply going to post a sympathy "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" on your behalf.

Deep breaths, and giving yourself permission to not be perfect at everything.  And I would definitely call in favors if possible, to give yourself a tiny bit of wiggle room.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options
    I'm sorry this week is so sucky for you.  But just think- in a few short days this will all be behind you and your wife will be coming home!  Then you can get drunk :D
  • Options
    Ugh, so sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time.  At least you have lots of people thinking about you here!  Good luck with the conference and presentation.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That's a lot to have going on in a week! I hope you had a good evening tonight and that the babies sleep soundly through the night! Hang in there.

• Options

gah. you have EVERY RIGHT to forget to brush your teeth this week!!

• Options
    one day at a time, one minute at a time.  You will get through this! ((hugs))
  • Options
    Wow, rough week! And of course those little ones aren't sleeping! Gaa! You got this, and ditto what everyone said- if I could grab those kids and give you a break I would!
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You are all SO wonderful!

Things are already looking up: this morning, both kiddos were well enough to do without nebulizer treatments, and my bronchitis seems to be responding to the meds I'm taking. One more (big, huge, giant, scary) day to get through and my wifey will be home! Wahoo!!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"