C-sections
Options

When did you start wearing normal panties again?

My daughter is 2 weeks old today (ahh the time is already going too fast!). I'm feeling so much better, but I'm scared of putting on regular underwear! I'm even afraid of putting on maternity jeans instead of my yoga pants because I'm scared it will hurt. How long did you all wait before wearing "normal" underwear and clothing again?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: When did you start wearing normal panties again?

• Options

I stocked up on those mesh panties they have in the hospital (I could take whatever I needed) and wore those for a week. I honestly didn't want to ruin any of my underwear. I started wearing my regular bikini panties right after that.

I left the hospital wearing a pair of maternity jeans and a long sleeve tshirt. I didn't have any issues this time (pain, sore incision, etc) around so I've been wearing my maternity clothes since. I've actually been able to wear a few of my regular clothes since week 2 as well.

It gets better!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Personally, my incision area is still sensitive to the touch so I'm still wearing maternity or granny panties and I'm 9 weeks PP.  It is not that I couldn't wear normal, just don't want to.  :)  As for clothing, unfortunately I can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes yet.  I'm only 3 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight but I have a horrible muffin-top.  :(  I've just been lazy about working on it and am giving myself until the end of the "4th trimester" at 12 weeks before I feel guilty and start working my abs.  All-in-all, everyone heals at a different rate so I would just wear what makes you the most comfortable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 5 weeks pp and I wear whatever undies I want, but its wearing pants that hurt me. My incision is fine, does not hurt buy my belly is still super sore, and it hurts to wear anything other than stretchy pants.
  • Options
    Once I ran out of the mesh undies I wore my regular ones.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I think I wore reg underwear 1 wk pp - and I have bikini cut. It bothered my incision though - so I put gauze pads there so the elastic wouldn't cut into it as directly. I still use them - it hits the incision right on, but i dont want to buy all new underwear
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    I bought a couple packs of granny panties and wore them for around a month before the incision was finally healed enough where regular underwear didn't hurt as much.  It took a bit before regular pants felt okay though, I remember still being tender three months later.
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks PP. I still wear granny panties. I have tried to wear my regular ones but it gets very sensative. My normal clothing is still touch and go. Some days I can do it, others its just too much. Tighter jeans or pants dont hurt the incision but they actually make the inside of my belly burn. Its such a strange feeling. So, basically 9 weeks PP and sometimes I can wear normal clothes but underwear has not happened yet.
  • Options
    DD is seven weeks and I'm still wearing my post partum underwear from Motherhood Maternity. Check them out; I am SO glad I found them, they are seriously my most favorite thing ever.  They have some compression to them so it helps smooth the ugly belly and makes me feel more supported. My incision is healing pretty well but there are one or two problem spots where it is still bleeding a bit so I don't want to put on my old underwear until it is totally healed and won't be rubbed.
  • Options

imagestepht514:
    I'm 9 weeks PP. I still wear granny panties. I have tried to wear my regular ones but it gets very sensative. My normal clothing is still touch and go. Some days I can do it, others its just too much. Tighter jeans or pants dont hurt the incision but they actually make the inside of my belly burn. Its such a strange feeling. So, basically 9 weeks PP and sometimes I can wear normal clothes but underwear has not happened yet.

I have that same issue 

• Options
    I wore granny panties while in the hospital, and was back into my regular panties when the PP bleeding stopped (around two weeks).
  • Options
    I am in granny panties and yoga pants still. It's more mental than anything else. My scar is healing beautifully but I am still scared to let any rougher fabrics touch area so I live in my GPs and YPs haha... 
  • Options

I am 4 wks pp and I wore the awesome mesh panties from the hospital for about 2 1/2 wks until I hesitantly stepped back in to regular underwear. This is only because I had extreme fluid build up and my incision ruptured at almost two weeks, and then continuid to leak for almost a week more.

My incision is still a little tender so I choose the yogas and sweats over the jeans still. It sucks! Hoping the recovery process speeds up :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"