Pregnant after 35
Options

NEVER thought I would be here...

So... I never thought I'd be on this board. I'm 36 and just found out yesterday that I'm 11 weeks pregnant.  I have PCOS, we tried conceiving for years, did infertility treatments, etc.  We adopted about 2 years ago and I honestly never gave a second thought to getting pregnant or worrying about birth control b/c I just assumed it would never happen naturally.

I'm excited and anxious all at the same time. I'm having my first OB appt next week with my doctor. Yesterday I had a vaginal ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and some blood work done by a nurse midwife. Next week I'm also having another ultrasound to look at the baby's nucal fold. I also have Type 2 diabetes, moderately controlled. I'm a little worried that my blood sugar may have already affected the baby's heart - I have a lot of questions about that for next week's appt.

Anyone else here in a similar situation?  I guess I'm looking for reassurance that I'm not out here alone and to see how others are doing with their pregnancies.

Any advice or words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Lucy

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NEVER thought I would be here...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"