Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Lego, Duplo storage ideas

Any moms have any tips to store Legos?  E is getting a few Duplo sets, and I'm trying to think ahead to determine the best way to store and display his work.

- Maybe a train table?  Large work surface with bins underneath?

- A Cubicle Storage Unit with 9 cubes.  Use some to store built products and some for bins.

Anyone else have a better solution?

My SS has legos all over his room  (none on the floor, however.)  We use a 9 cubicle storage unit since he likes to keep his legos on display.  He prefers to dump most of his legos into a plastic storage unit that has three large drawers.  He's resistant to change - so he won't let me attempt anything new to better organize his pieces.

I'm trying to avoid chaos and clutter. - if that's even possible

Om nom nom
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lego, Duplo storage ideas

• Options
    We use a cubical storage sort of thing. It has cloth boxes, I think it was 40 bucks from walmart with 9 boxes (4 small ones on top, 3 medium ones in middle, 2 big ones on bottom) Honestly I thought they'd fill up fast with all of the toys he has, but we have at least two that are empty. He switches the legos from one box to another every so often. Like he's "cleaning."
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They have kid craft tables with storage bins underneath. that's the direction I'd go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a bunch of containers with lids that I have organized for blocks, duplos, cars,and his animals, etc. I have them on labeled and on the shelf in his closet. When he wants to play with them we take out a container play with them, which also usually means dumping them on the floor. When we are done playing, I try and get them picked up before we move on to the next toy. If not, I always get all toys picked up before bed. I am a big stickler on all toys being picked up before bed. I like having them in his closet, because they are not out in the open and they stay contained to either his room or whatever room I bring the bin into.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

We currently have one of these.  It's partially full of toys.  I wonder if I should re- purpose  a few of the bins for Duplos...

Om nom nom
  • Options

imageabartow:
    I have a bunch of containers with lids that I have organized for blocks, duplos, cars,and his animals, etc. I have them on labeled and on the shelf in his closet. When he wants to play with them we take out a container play with them, which also usually means dumping them on the floor. When we are done playing, I try and get them picked up before we move on to the next toy. If not, I always get all toys picked up before bed. I am a big stickler on all toys being picked up before bed. I like having them in his closet, because they are not out in the open and they stay contained to either his room or whatever room I bring the bin into.

I am the same way.  I like to pick up his play area, and put away toys before pulling out more of them.

I wonder if open storage ideas (like the Circo storage unit posted above) work better or worse than plastic boxes with lids?

Om nom nom
  • Options
    imagejenna3016:

We currently have one of these.  It's partially full of toys.  I wonder if I should re- purpose  a few of the bins for Duplos...

. I had that and hated it. I don't like how everything is out in the open. I much prefer containers with lids. LO tends to play with one set at a time when containers have lids, vs all out in the open to dump out.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I had that and hated it. I don't like how everything is out in the open. I much prefer containers with lids. LO tends to play with one set at a time when containers have lids, vs all out in the open to dump out.

That's what I was thinking.  That it would look cluttered.  

We only keep a few toys in it right now.  

ETA:  Maybe I could print a photo of the toy, and keep it in an album or attach it to the front of a bin... to keep track of the various pieces.

https://pinterest.com/pin/214061788507946138/

** This mom ( iheartorganizing.blogspot.com) used photos on her storage bins. 

Om nom nom
  • Options
    imagejenna3016:

I had that and hated it. I don't like how everything is out in the open. I much prefer containers with lids. LO tends to play with one set at a time when containers have lids, vs all out in the open to dump out.

That's what I was thinking.  That it would look cluttered.  

We only keep a few toys in it right now.  

I had it for about a week and took it back. I did get one of the cube things with fabric containers. I have that in the play room for other toys and books. But for blocks and duplos and things with a lot of pieces, I insist on containers with lids. I am kind of weird like that.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
  • Options

Some of the new lego sets out there come in their own storage container, I choose these now over any other box set because I like you would have no idea what to do with all that lego!

My two year old still makes a mess with his through and its everywhere, under the lounge in the bath!

A friend of mine came up with a great idea and i love it, she uses an old steamer trunk as a toy trunk. Hers was around $3000 because its an antique but Ive been looking everywhere for a modern trunk that could be used as a toy storage box and they are starting to pop up all over the place. It looks so cool in her lounge room and is a reall feature but is going to practicle use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Baby Toys Australia

Educational Toys | Wooden Toys 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"