1st Trimester
Options

9 Weeks...Showing already?

I'm just now 9 weeks pregnant.  Could I be showing already?  At first I just thought it was gas and bloating, but now I'm not so sure.

Have any of you started showing yet?  If so, when?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 9 Weeks...Showing already?

• Options

It's just bloat. Some days it's so bad I feel like I look pg, especially by the end of the day after eating all my meals. I try to drink a lot of water. I'm hoping it goes away soon! 

Ive found reading books that have the week by week growth showing the baby size and your uterus growth/body changes helps give a good picture of what's really going on. 

• Options
    I don't think I'm showing but I have definitely ROUNDED out ... like my waistline is getting a bit wider around the edges (i know, lucky me) . I haven't changed any eating habits or anything!
    TTC 9/11-2/12 ... BFP on 2/20 ! Hoping baby sticks around until October! :)BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya I'm super bloated and can't wait until I start showing.  I feel like I'm just getting fat cuz my pants don't fit anymore, though I haven't gained any weight.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageAmbsies:

Nope, if you're a FTM you are more than likely still bloated.  I didn't start showing until a ways into my 2nd trimester with DD.  Some people do start showing at 9 weeks, but check out this diagram and you'll see where your uterus currently is:

that picture even helped me :) thanks for that post
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm nine weeks and woke up today and I swear I have a bump. It doesn't feel like bloat. It's not that big but I notice it. Going to see what happens tom. I'm a first time mom so I wasn't expecting anything this soon.
  • Options
    I started showing at 8 weeks with my first. No lie. I had an extremely flat stomach and didn't experience bloating at all with my first pregnancy. There was a definite bump there. Since this is my second time I can't decide if my rounded tummy is leftover from my last baby or actually me just showing bigger sooner.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

There are a whole lot of factors to consider... your weight, body shape/size pre-pregnancy, etc.  Also, everyone's definition of "showing" can vary greatly.

If you mean, do you look pregnant, does your tummy look a bit larger than normal - then yes, you are showing... of course, a good bit of this is very likely due to bloat.

If you mean, is it the actual baby that's showing - well, not likely at this point.

I'm only 5 weeks but if I were to put on something that's showing off the shape of my stomach, then I look about 16 weeks along.  I know that the shape of my stomach is really just that way left over from my previous pregnancies, being a bit overweight, and of course bloat.

1/8/12 Confection Shrug Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Baby is only the size of a grape...its bloat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It completly differes with each women, it's pretty funny reading women saying "Nope, your not showing, I read a book about it" ...lol.. This is my third pregnancy, 1st, beginning to show at 20 weeks, 2nd, 12 weeeks and 3rd, 9 weeks.

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC after tubal reversal TTC: 10 months (04/11) BFP! 3w4d EDD: 12/16/11 BETA'S-887,540,97 (04/11)4w6d natural M/C TTC after a 9 mth break TTC: 2 months (02/16) BFP! 3w4d EDD: 10/26/12 BETA'S- 590, 1655, 4302 U/S 6w5d, HB 165! :) U/S 12w3d, HB 185! :)
  • Options
    this is my 4 pregnancy and I am 9wks. I am showing...
  • Options
    I am 22 weeks now with my first, and by 2 months, I was definitely showing. I am very thin, and my stomach is flat, so when it started poking out and my jeans were getting uncomfortable, I could tell. My husband and close friends noticed it also. When I would lay down and put my hands on the bottom of my stomach, I could feel the bump of my uterus.  So many women are worried because they aren't showing by 22 weeks, but I am already in maternity clothes and having trouble bending over. It just depends on your body.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"