Special Needs
Options

We saw the Developmental Pedi today - Auntie, come in pls.

So I took DS for his appt today.  Of course there was a part of me that wanted to walk in there and have the doc say "why are you here?", but that is not how it went.

This was our first visit so most of it was medical history, therapy history etc.  There was a resident and then the main doc, they played and did the standard "testing" stuff puzzles, blocks, drawing - that I've seen plenty of times.

The doctor is having us back in a month to do some more in depth evaluations, but she said she suspects Aspergers. 

Ok.  Deep breath. 

However, I thought that part of the Aspergers Dx was that there not be a speech delay present?  My DS most definitely had a speech delay, thats how we started this whole journey.  Auntie - input on that?

His current evals from school indicate he is ready to be "done" w/ ST, he is caught up in all areas, though the doctor suggested we absolutely not stop ST and that he needs additonal help w/ pragmatic and social language - I agree w/ that but thought that would be more of the social skills aspect that he does get support in.

I have a serious headache..... And we wait another month....woohoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"