Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

... who has to resort to Motrin and Tylenol to combat teething pain?

I feel so bad for Lucy at this point, nothing is helping! ?We've tried teething tablets, washcloth massage, ice in the sock, cold carrots and apples, teething rings, orajel.... and nothing seems to ease it at all. ?I just bought an amber teething necklace and will try that once it gets here.?

I'm just feeling pretty crappy right now. ?We started with a dose of Tylenol this morning, did Motrin this afternoon, and did another does of Tylenol before bed (per pedi's suggestion). ?I HATE pumping her full of drugs.

?Blech.??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...

• Options
    Both of my kids needed pharmacological intervention for teething at one point or another.  You are a GOOD mom for helping Lucy in this manner -- she needs relief. 
  • Options
    oh yes, tylenol until motrin was ok (helps better with inflammation).  It's always a half to full dose of motrin and a teething tablet.  I can't stand to see him in pain!  You are doing a good job, don't feel bad about making your baby feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't feel bad for making your child feel better!  You used those "drugs" as a last resort!  It's really okay!!! 
  • Options
    Oh god no. Your not the only one. I posted below because nothing has helped DS, except Motrin. I just feel bad giving it to him. BTW- Tylenol doesnt do squat for DS and I have heard it doesnt work for others.  I just bought one of those necklaces too. I found a 20% off code if you need it. We are in teething hell.
    DS- 4 years old, Natural m/c @ 7 weeks-12/1/09. Infertility issues- low ovarian reserve- low AMH and high FSH. Looking into adoption. Trying to figure out where to go with your little one? My favorite website is: Trekaroo AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You are not alone! DD went to bed early at 730pm last night but then woke up at 2am. I decided that it *must* be her molars. Her gums are red, swollen, yuck. She cried when I brushed her teeth... like CRIED. So, I gave Tylenol at 2am and she slept until 8am (almost 12 hrs). Tonight, after TOTing, she was really fussy. So, I decided to pre-emptively give Tylenol. She's sleeping like an angel... pain-free. So, feel good that you *know* your baby and you are relieving his pain. He will be fine:)
  • Options

I've used it too. you're not alone.

I do need to find an amber necklace, too. 

• Options

Oh heck no you aren't alone! We hit it from all angles in our house. Tylenol during the day (if she needs it), then Tylenol and teething tablets 30 minutes before bed, at bedtime is Motrin and more teething tablets plus a bit of clove oil on the gums, she wears an amber necklace 24/7, and I give her ice in the mesh feeder.

If we don't do this then she alternates between screaming/crying/whining in her sleep. It's not the screaming, etc that bothers me, it's knowing she's doing it because she's in pain that I can't stand.

• Options
    Nope, you're not the only one. When DD really starts hurting the Tylenol comes out. I'd rather her not be in pain than hold back on giving her something that, although it's a drug, is pretty safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"