C-sections
Options

OMG!!! How the heck do I cough?!?!

I have this wheeze that is driving me INSANE!  I am on day 5 post c-section #2 and I am so afraid to even try coughing. I sneezed earlier today and it felt like my insides exploded!  Help, how do I cough?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OMG!!! How the heck do I cough?!?!

• Options
    Hold a pillow against your stomach.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageemilys629:
    This!

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageemilys629:

this!

Me: 36, DH: 36
    DH's SA = normal
    1 tube only wonder
    AFC 3-5, AMH 0.30

BFP #1 3/29/11.  EDD 12/4/11... Missed m/c 5/9/11. Cytotec fail. D&C 5/17/11.
    BFP #2   7/5/11.  EDD 3/14/12... Our rainbow Kellen born 3/14/12 via c/s.
    BFP #3 5/30/13.  EDD 2/8/14...  6wk u/s HB 126. 8wk u/s lost HB. D&C 7/12/13.
    BFP #4 2/18/14.  EDD 10/30/14... Ruptured ectopic with L tube removed & D&C 3/7/14.
    BFP #5 7/27/14.  EDD 4/9/15...  m/c @ 5w4d.

IVF #1    Oct 2014 - antagonist protocol: 9R, 7M, 5F. 3dt of 3 Grade 2 embies. BFN. 
    IVF #2    Jan 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.  Converted to IUI #1. BFFN
    IVF #2.1 March 2015 cancelled due to dominant follicle.

BFP #6  (SUPRISE!) 3/19/15.  EDD 11/30/15...  CP at 4w2d.
    IUI #2:    Clomid + Follistim = 3 follies. BFN.
    IVF #2.2 May 2015 - horrible response to micro lupron flare protocol: 3R, 3M, 3F. 3dt of 2 Grade 3 embies. BFFN. 

BFP #7 (beyond surprised again!) 4/26/16. EDD 1/5/17. beautiful betas!!!! and then near-fatal hemorrhagic corpus luteum. turns out baby was ectopic after all; another lap 5/6 (@24dpo).

the universe can fuck off.

"You are overly paranoid and delusional that every one is out to get you." -lastsliverofhope

all AL welcome. TTC #2 for 43 44 months.
    follow my infertility journey here at timestandsstillblog.com

• Options
    Yep!! Pillow!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    you may want to purchase an abdominal binder, it helped me early on.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Right after I had Nathan (feels like forever ago) I drank some water super fast and went into a coughing fit! It was like 3 hours after he was born..it sucked! I wish I had known about the pillow thing! Have you laughed yet? My mom was cracking me up the day after he was born. I wanted to punch her! lol (not literally punch her.. it was just my current thought at the time)
  • Options
    Yeah, any ab surgery, they will recommend holding a pillow tightly against your belly to "support" your abs when you cough. Just be careful about the wheezing/coughing. There is always the chance of developing pneumonia afterwards.
  • Options
    I didn't know the pillow thing, but I remember when I needed to use the restroom (not the same thing as coughing) I would put my hand over my scar and apply a little bit of pressure. It was so helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When I sneezed for the first time about 4 days post CS I thought I was dying lol. I really wish someone would have told me the pillow thing beforehand. So helpful!
  • Options
    As PP said, firmly hold a pillow over your stomach when you cough or sneeze.
  • Options
    I threw up violently right after my c-section. The nurses ran my hospital bed into a door and two walls as they were taking me to my room and that jostling made me barf like crazy and it didn't injure my incision. It hurts but doesn't damage anything. The nurses were dingbats.
    Mom of 3 wonderful kids! Claire (6), Alex (4), and Charlie (2). Can't wait to meet our 4th in November! Married to my best friend for 10 years this July! Due November 14th, 2012! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBeezy14:
    Right after I had Nathan (feels like forever ago) I drank some water super fast and went into a coughing fit! It was like 3 hours after he was born..it sucked! I wish I had known about the pillow thing! Have you laughed yet? My mom was cracking me up the day after he was born. I wanted to punch her! lol (not literally punch her.. it was just my current thought at the time)

My baby is a Nathan too!  But the laughing thing... my sister is hilarious and I so didn't appreciate it the first 24 after he was born.  I was literally holding a pillow to my stomach saying, "Shut up!  Ow, my stitches!  Just shut up!" lol

• Options
    Hold a pillow and pray to baby jeebus that it doesn't hurt. lol My coughing was awful in the hospital the first time because the room was so dry. The second time I brought a humidifier and kept a bucket behind the bed full of water and that helped keep me from coughing while I was there.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am so sorry, I remember the first time I coughed after my C-section. I had this horrible chest congestion after. OMG it felt like I ripped open, I was in total shock and convinced I had popped a staple out. Anyways, the only way I could do it was to tightly hold a pillow into my belly and softly cough. It still hurt just not near as bad. I hope you heal quickly and congrats!
  • Options

the pillow thing did not help me at all! I have a tendency to choke on everything and of course I choked on water at the hospital and I thought I was gonna die. Just grunted through it and growled and tried not to really cough.

• Options

imageBeezy14:

Oooh, I had to send my mother and sister out of the room because they were cracking me up only a few hours after he was born!  It hurt sooooo bad and they just weren't getting it!  I didn't know about the pillow thing.

But anyway, yes a pillow helps and I also had one of those binders that I got before leaving the hospital- amazing!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I held a pillow against my stomach whenever possible, to cough, sneeze, or laugh.
  • Options

imageemilys629:

This!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Grab a pillow and hug it against your incision and then cough.  This helps a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"