Postpartum Depression

How did you fix it?

I had real bad PPD after my son was born but didn't show up until after he was a year old. Mostly came along when his father came back into town and caused drama. On top of already having depression and PTSD it was not fun. I went to the doctor and was put on medication and also spoke with a counselor for awhile. It really did help although I was very skeptical of it at first.

I'm hoping it won't be as bad this time around with my new baby considering this time we are living under better circumstances.

How did you control or how are you controlling your PPD?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How did you fix it?

• To be honest, I tried the 'fake it til you make it' routine. DD was born almost 7 months ago and I have been trying to control it on my own.

And, there were weeks where I was successful. But, always the feelings, the anxiety, the fear, the unhappiness came back.

I came to the conclusion that I can't fake it til I make it and I am going to the doc at 2:30 on Weds for the first time. I think PPD/ PPA is extremely hard to control on our own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They can be, there's is nothing wrong with asking for help, trust me.

Good luck hun!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have OCD, which was made worse during the post partum period. I needed medication (zoloft) and cognitive behavioral therapy to treat it.

Good for you for going in for some help! There are so many options and there's no reason to suffer needlessly.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish I knew. I just posted a very similar question above... 

I think you've conquered the hardest step though- acknowledging there is a problem, or likely to be a problem and asking for help.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"