Baby Names
Options

Any feminine form of "Roger"?

My fiances brother Roger died back in December and meant a great deal to us and if we were to have a boy we had planned on naming him Roger.

However, were having a girl but I would still like to include him in her name. Are there any feminine forms of Roger that may go well with any of these first names:

Olivia, Lydia, Carlee, Hannah

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any feminine form of "Roger"?

• Options

Nope. Did he have a middle name? 

ROGER
    PRONOUNCED: RAH-j?r (English), ro-ZHE (French)   [key]
    Meaning & History
    Means "famous spear" from the Germanic elements hrod "fame" and ger "spear". The Normans brought this name to England, where it replaced theOld English cognate Hro?gar (the name of the Danish king in the Anglo-Saxon epic 'Beowulf'). It was a common name in England during the Middle Ages. By the 18th century it was rare, but it was revived in following years. The name was borne by the Norman lords Roger I, who conquered Sicily in the 11th century, and his son Roger II, who ruled Sicily as a king.
    Related Names
    VARIANTS: Rodger (English)R?diger (German)
    DIMINUTIVE: Rodge (English)
    OTHER LANGUAGES: Hrodger (Ancient Germanic)Hr?arrHr??geirr (Ancient Scandinavian)Hro?gar (Anglo-Saxon)RogierRutger (Dutch)Hrothgar (History),RuggeroRuggiero (Italian)Roar (Norwegian)Rog?rio (Portuguese)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Regina? Not really, but that's all I've got.  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You know, in cases like this, I say just go ahead and MN the hell out of it. Lydia Roger sounds just fine and it's a great way to honor someone special. (also, I like Lydia the most of your choices!
  • Options

Google tells me

Rogene

Rogelia

Rosario

If you dont like any of those, maybe you can look up what Roger means and find a female name that has the same meaning?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • Options
    imagekelnyc:

Regina? Not really, but that's all I've got.  :)

Regina is all I can think of also. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageRanda&Jerm:

Google tells me

Rogene

Rogelia

Rosario

If you dont like any of those, maybe you can look up what Roger means and find a female name that has the same meaning?

Oo, I like Rosario. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options
    How about Ro? 
  • Options
    I know a girl named Rodgie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

imageHannahO28:
    You know, in cases like this, I say just go ahead and MN the hell out of it. Lydia Roger sounds just fine and it's a great way to honor someone special. (also, I like Lydia the most of your choices!

Yup, I agree with this.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LovelyLittleShelf.com
  • Options
    My first thought was also Regina... but most of your name choices end in -a, so I'm not sure it's the best choice for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thank you for the suggestions!

I really like the name: Lydia Roger!

Who says a male name cannot go with a female name?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    imagejackiback:

imageHannahO28:

Yup, I agree with this.  

I didn't think I'd like this, but I really do! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagehaleycar:

LOVE Lydia Roger. And just using the name is definitely the best way to honor him.

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I agree with pps - I'd just use Roger to honor him... It's ok in the MN spot.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I totally agree with PP's suggestion to just use the actual name Roger as the middle name. I think it sounds fine, especially with a feminine first name like Lydia. A lot of girls have their mother's maiden name as a middle name, and this doesn't sound too different from that, IMO. I actually knew a girl in high school whose middle name was Michael after her father. Not Michaela or Michelle, but Michael. Her first name was very feminine and I actually thought it was pretty cool. I also think using his actual name is a better way to honor him than stretching to find something similar. I say go for it!
  • Options
    imagehaleycar:

I surprisingly totally agree with you and PP's, using Roger as a ml w/ Olivia, Lydia, Carlee, or Hannah would all sound much better than, say....Rogene or Regina.  I really like Lydia Roger....GL!!!

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking Regina.

• Options
    I am thinking "Roe" like Aurora Teagarden from the Charlaine Harris series.
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options

Rory is a good, short feminine version of Roger.

I also like Carlee Roger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The thing is, if you use Lydia Roger, the child will have a connection to the name, so it won't just be some weird thing you did because you weren't thinking straight. I'd say go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    My suggestion is Olivia Rae. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    imagejackiback:

imageHannahO28:

Yup, I agree with this.  

I am on this band wagon.  Unless there is a clearly feminine version of the male name (ie Josephine for Joseph), I don't see it was really truly honoring someone to name them Marissa because their name was Mark.  Lydia Roger (or whatever fn you choose) is a beautiful way to honor your late BIL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"