Preemies
Options

Can you all let me know if I should worry or tell me to calm down..

I went to my 27/28 wk appointment today and the doctor wanted to check me because of my history of painless PTL contractions and this is after the point where I delivered DS ( 27wks 3 days)...He checked me and I he said I was 50% effaced and 0cm dilated unless he applied pressure then I was 1cm. I have been having contractions coupled with pressure and I haven't been keeping a good tab on them and I know I should have been. I think I am just in trying to pretend they aren't happening as often as they are. I am trying to remain calm but I am really freaking out. He said that he bets that this baby will come in May and not June and as long as she stays put until I am 36wks I am okay with that but I am a bit away from 36wks right now..If any of you ladies have had experience with this effacement issue please tell me what you think...TIA
Born 27wks 3 day 2 lbs 10 oz 15 inches image My BFP chart BabyName Ticker

Re: Can you all let me know if I should worry or tell me to calm down..

• Options

Honestly, I'd call the doctor and get checked. As you know, if you are having labor pains they can sometimes stop them if they are caught early enough.

Good luck!

• Options

This is what happened today. I guess I didn't make that clear. I was at my appointment today and he checked me. He told me to keep an eye on my contractions and keep better record of them..I just didn't know if anyone else that had a preemie before had this issue also..

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope my story doesn't scare you...

When I was 27 weeks pregnant, I had a bit of spotting so my doctor checked me.  I was 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated and funneling.  I was having contractions but couldn't really feel them.  I was admitted to the hospital that day and stayed in the hospital on bedrest until I had my baby (at 30 weeks).  I would not freak out, but at a minimum I would want to be monitored and would really cut back on your activity level.  I would make them do a fetal fibronectin test.  If that came back positive, I would request the steroid shots.  Much better to be safe rather than sorry. 

Hope it ends up being nothing and that you keep that baby baking for a long time!

• Options

at 24 weeks i went for a check up and was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was having contractions, but couldnt feel them (the monitor was picking them up). I was admitted into the hospital and put on strict hospital bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy and put on all kinds of meds to stop contractions. I ended up having the babies at 27w5d.

Best of luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies..I will ask for the test to be done. I know how important those shots are if you get them..DS only needed CPAP no vent and I attribute that to the shots for sure. Thank you all very much and no one scared me unfortunately this ain't my first rodeo but I just have more hindsight this time around..Again, thank you ladies very very much! You all were my source of strength when I delivered DS and your input has really helped me with this second pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"