VBAC
Options

Doctor vent

I was afraid this would happen. I don't know if they were just telling me what I wanted to hear in the beginning or what. But last week the doctor I saw wouldn't drop the subject of a repeat c section. The appointment was on my due date. I mean really??? Then today I went in for an NST, ultra sound, and doctor appointment. Everything was great with the NST and ultra sound. The doctor checks me and says that I'm still not dilated. Then says, I quote, "Are you ready to give up the dream yet?" Are you kidding me??? Did she really just say that? Ugh! I just told her nope. I think the next time one of them is negative about it I'm going to ask them why they said they are supportive of VBACs if they really aren't. Because I would have happily gone some where else that actually is supportive. Thats why I asked in the first place. So I wouldn't be dealing with this crap! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Doctor vent

• Options
    Oh jeez, that is so stressful! Sorry you're dealing with it - good job standing your ground. I would seriously ask them about their supposed pro-VBAC status, it's definitely shady to pull a bait-and-switch. I hope labor starts really soon for you!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    That is awful :( I'm really hoping my doc doesn't pull that.  She performed my first csection and since it was a rushed one and she knew how badly I had wanted a med free vaginal birth she did some special stitching to help ensure that i would have a good chance of a VBAC the second time around.  My hospital has recently switched from CNMs to hospitalists an I am nervous about that because the midwives were awesome and I don't know how the hospitalists are going to be.  I go today for bloodwork and to set up my first appointment.  I'm curious to see how the first appointment will go.  I live in a small rural area an the next closest hospital that does VBACs is two hours away.  So I don't have much choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry, ugh.  I hate hearing these stories (and unfortunately, they seem pretty common).  Asking them about it is a great idea--why did you tell me all along that you supported my VBAC wishes, and now think I should have a c/s?  Has something changed?

And hey, you can always threaten to call the ACLU! ;) 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"