LGBT Parenting

How was your weekend?

What did you do??/
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How was your weekend?

• Friday night we went to International Night at the kids' school. It was better than last year because L was with me and one of us could get food while the other wrangled kids/saved seats. It was nice to see some of the other parents, but we ended up staying for the performance and not getting home and getting the kids to bed till 10. :thumbs_down:

Saturday morning the kids had swimming lessons and L had water aerobics. We had a lazy afternoon at home playing games with the kids and L and I took a nap (the kid may not nap anymore, but we do!) We were invited to a birthday dinner for relatively new friends. We didn't end up leaving till nearly 10 and the kids didn't get to bed till 11. :shock:

Sunday we slept in (well, 7:45 - but that is super late for our kids!) and went for pancakes. L and I did some yard work/cleaning out of the garage/L's truck and then L took the kids to the gym and I went grocery shopping alone. We had the kids in bed by 7:30 and watched My Week with Marilyn - which I didn't enjoy at all.

I am off this Friday since the kids don't have school. YAY for a 4 day work week!!!!
  • Friday - We were hosting a birthday party at our hosue for a friend.....so of course JB decided to get what I thought was a UTI.  The poor thing was screaming and refusing to sit on the potty saying "boo-boo, doctor, boo-boo."  So I left the party and drove her 30mins to the after hours pedi urgent care.  Turns out no UTI (just really sore from wiping herself during PTing) but she does have an ear infection.  So that was lovely.

Saturday - I had to work an event in the morning.  In the afternoon we found out that our elderly neighbor passed away.  That really tore up K and I. She was a sweet lady and death just sucks.

Sunday - I was moody and JB was testing every boundary.  Great combo Stick out tongue  We stayed in most of the day only running out to get a few supplies for her bday party.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Friday was our 3rd anniversary, we paid bills and J surprised me by getting the weekend off.  We left the kids with J's parents and went out to dinner, grabbed a phyllo cake and took it back to the house to share with everyone.

Saturday I woke up with a sore throat courtesy of Owl and Iz, boo.  We had a lazy morning and J took A, Iz, and Apple to a birthday party in the afternoon.  I stayed home to get some quality time with Owl but she fell asleep so cleaned as much as I could.  J and the girls got home and I made dinner, then bedtime for the kids.

Sunday we went over to J's parents house for menudo (not for me) and stayed until the rain started, then home to get cozy while J made potato soup.  Lots of playing with Apple who started sitting by herself when we got home and I made her a lovey in hopes that it will help her soothe herself back to sleep at night (it didn't do the job last night...). 

• Friday-  Class, then Happy Hour, and a double movie date with some friends.  We watch The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  Not bad but very graphic.

Saturday-  Errands, dinner out, and the to Hunger Games.  I like it and am planning to read the books.  DW had read the book and was super excited.

Sunday-  Finished HW for today (big presentation...I kinda wanna barf), we ran some more errands, and both prepped for the last month of classes push.

WOW have our weekends been boring lately!!!

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Pretty much, I read The Hunger Games.   DW worked superly late on Friday night and then all day on Saturday for an event at her work.  It's rare for us to not have the weekend days off, and it really throws the whole week off for me.  I read the first 2 books, and did a few good wifely errands/chores.  Sunday I read the 3rd book, and DW and I went out to dinner and to see Godspell on broadway with a friend.  Godspell was high energy and fun, so I'm glad we went, but I like a little more plot in my musicals.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Friday - J worked all morning (her morning shifts are from 5:30 am to 2:30 pm!) and I did odds and ends around the house. She came home and worked out for a little over an hour while I was lazy and watched TV, ha!  We made fajitas for dinner, watched a movie and went to bed early - she had to work early Saturday morning as well. 

Saturday - J worked am again and I had a fun time giving the dog a brush down and then a bath. Thank goodness she's getting groomed this week!  Once J got home, she worked out again and did some research about joining the Coast Guard (I'm really not sure what to think about this...).  We went out for a couple drinks for a Saturday happy hour with a few friends and came home and went to bed. 

Sunday - our internal alarm went off early, so we got up and made a big yummy breakfast!  I recently found saved by the bell on Netflix (!!!!) so we watched a few episodes and were lazy until J had to get ready for work. She worked a short shift and then had a meeting/celebration for her works semi-annual bonus, yay!

We had a very uneventful weekend, which I love! :) 

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Friday - we started our Childbirth Class (it was a weekend intensive for LGBTQ families).  6-9 Friday, by the time we got home I was exhausted, but the class was off to a great start

• Friday - we started our Childbirth Class (it was a weekend intensive for LGBTQ families).  6-9 Friday, by the time we got home I was exhausted, but the class was off to a great start.

Saturday - Class again 9 - 5, and we grabbed lunch at my favorite Indian restuarant in the East Bay, and Frozen yogurt afterward with a couple we met in class due on July 7th too. Sat. night we went to see Hunger Games.  We've both read the books and were looking forward to the movie - which I also loved.

Sunday  - Class from 10-4:30pm, we arrived home to a sick dog who had messed all over her crate.  EV attacked the crate on our balcony and I took the dog to the dog park at the end of our housing complex to hose her off and let her run around.  After cleaning the carpet, grocery shopping, cleaning the kitchen, etc. I left a pile of laundry on the desk and fell asleep.  It was an exhausting - but fun weekend.

• Friday night we took V's mother to Joe's Crab Shack for her birthday, she loved it. 

Saturday went to see our friends to help them plan decorating their play room, then off to Yoga for me and a little gift shopping with V after. There's something liberating about prancing around the shops in yoga clothes with nothing underneath :D Saturday night we started our spring clear out and in a 30 minute period managed to gather four rubbish bags full of stuff to take to the charity shop. Next comes the spare room/nursery.

Sunday, I got up early, went to the shops and cooked two huge pots of food and my famous potato salad, then we spent a delightful afternoon at our good friend's 50th birthday brunch party.  We hung out in the sun and chatted for a few hours, then came home. V started working on raking the thatch out of our lawn and I read a book and did some laundry.

Looking forward to doing less next weekend. We have our quarterly budget planning and goal setting on the 31st March, and the rest is  just us and chilling...until we plan something :D

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Friday: I was in the city at another campus for work all day, meetings, no time for bumping. After work, I went to my gf's to meet up with her and two friends she met on an Olivia trip who were visiting for the weekend. That night we grabbed drinks and snacks at a great cocktail bar and then took them to a late night burlesque show. We stayed up until after 3am talking and having a great time.

Saturday: We slept in and had brunch at home. In the afternoon we took them to a brewpub for drinks and early dinner and then to roller derby!!! After derby we went to a nearby bar that has karoke. Yes we did sing as a group and it was hilarious! Much fun was had by all. Another late night...I'm getting too old for this stuff! Wink And these ladies are all older than me!

Sunday: Slept in again. We went to Alki beach which is a beach on the Puget Sound, but it's in the city and it's beautiful. We had lunch and walked around a bit. Then we dropped one of the girls at the airport, stopped for shish kabobs for BBQing and made dinner, drank wine and hung out with the other gal who left early this morning.

Today: Giving my liver a break. HA! And I'm leaving shortly to sign closing papers on the house!!!

• imageseattlekari:

Friday: I was in the city at another campus for work all day, meetings, no time for bumping. After work, I went to my gf's to meet up with her and two friends she met on an Olivia trip who were visiting for the weekend. That night we grabbed drinks and snacks at a great cocktail bar and then took them to a late night burlesque show. We stayed up until after 3am talking and having a great time.

Saturday: We slept in and had brunch at home. In the afternoon we took them to a brewpub for drinks and early dinner and then to roller derby!!! After derby we went to a nearby bar that has karoke. Yes we did sing as a group and it was hilarious! Much fun was had by all. Another late night...I'm getting too old for this stuff! Wink And these ladies are all older than me!

Sunday: Slept in again. We went to Alki beach which is a beach on the Puget Sound, but it's in the city and it's beautiful. We had lunch and walked around a bit. Then we dropped one of the girls at the airport, stopped for shish kabobs for BBQing and made dinner, drank wine and hung out with the other gal who left early this morning.

Today: Giving my liver a break. HA! And I'm leaving shortly to sign closing papers on the house!!!

can I tell you I am a little jealous of your life right now?! Stick out tongue

• Friday my mom said she would watch E but I forgot that dw had plans so I ended up going shopping and having dinner by myself.  It was very very nice to have some me time.  

Sat dw did some work at the library and E and I hung out. DW came home and I left to go to the hunger games.  I actually ate out alone again.  Oh so nice! Then enjoyed walking around harvard square before meeting friends for the movie. It was really nice to be out and about.  I liked the movie but the books were so much better.

Sunday dw ran a road race and E and I stayed home it was cold and yucky out.  I took a nice long nap while E napped and then went to trader joes to pick up supplies for the week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had our Childbirth Preparation class this weekend too. It was 10-4 on Saturday and 12-6 on Sunday, so a lot of sitting in a plastic chair for a very pregnant Jen. But the class was so helpful, and I loved the teacher/presenter - she did an excellent job of non-judgmentally explaining all of the options, and we learned a lot of non-medical comfort care for labor like massages, etc. I am thrilled that we moved before the birth - there are so many battles I thought we were going to have to fight around the birth but they are so progressive here - a lot of things I wanted are just standard protocol. 

Saturday after class we went to an early dinner. The food was good, but service was so slow that we probably won't go back. After we got home my dad and sister came over to deliver the living room lamps that my dad had picked up for us (they didn't fit in our car), and we put those together and then visited for a while. Sunday after class we met them for dinner and then did a Target run. Jen watched a movie and I did some more research (cloth diapers, vacuums, etc.).  

It was a sunny, gorgeous weekend, so it was kind of too bad to spend all of it in a classroom (even if we could see Mt. Hood out the window). But I feel much more prepared for the birth now, so it was worth it. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image2brides:
    imageseattlekari:

Friday: I was in the city at another campus for work all day, meetings, no time for bumping. After work, I went to my gf's to meet up with her and two friends she met on an Olivia trip who were visiting for the weekend. That night we grabbed drinks and snacks at a great cocktail bar and then took them to a late night burlesque show. We stayed up until after 3am talking and having a great time.

can I tell you I am a little jealous of your life right now?! Stick out tongue

Yes dear, I know I am incredibly lucky with all that's going on that is good and fun. I do miss my little E when we're apart though. That's the rub of these fun weekends.

• imageseattlekari:

Yes dear, I know I am incredibly lucky with all that's going on that is good and fun. I do miss my little E when we're apart though. That's the rub of these fun weekends.

Well, that, but also your new love. I miss the flutters of new love. :)

• image2brides:
    imageseattlekari:

Well, that, but also your new love. I miss the flutters of new love. :)

Aww...yes it is pretty darn amazing. I am still pinching myself but it very much feels like what I've been waiting for. I'm trying to hang on tight to the flutters. I've told her that I've got it bad, but fortunately so does she. Wink When I talked to my bff this morning (who is always my barometer and keeps me in check since she was raised in a conservative culture and that's her nature) she told me she senses this is it. And that we'll come back from our trip in May and just know that we're ready to move to the next step. I could not believe the words came out of her mouth!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"