Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

MC Fears

So here is my story, any help would be great! I am 5 weeks preggo and on Friday I noticed brown blood in my underwear. So I called my doctor and she said it was normal, she called it "old blood" and not to worry. So I felt better :) By late friday night the bleeding turned red, with clotts! I have no back pain and no cramping, so I am taking it as a good sign, right? But it is now sunday morning and the bleeding has not stopped. I called my on call doctor and she said stay in bed all weekend and I have an appt on Monday morning. Any advice you ladies can give would be such a help. Thanks
Married My Best Friend 5/21/2010
Madison Paige arrived 1/8/2013

Re: MC Fears

• Options
    Sorry hun, but it sounds like a chemical pregnancy to me. However, I am not a doctor so I would suggest calling your doctor and going in for an ultrasound. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AlbahAlbah member
    So sorry you are going through this. All I can really advice is to hang in there. You won't know for sure until you get checked. Bleeding in the 1st trimester is common and it could really go either way although bright red blood is usually not a good sign. You won't get too much positive feedback on this board since we've all gone through miscarriage. I hope everything turns out ok for you but do know that there is a nice group of ladies on this board in case you need us. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAlbah:
    So sorry you are going through this. All I can really advice is to hang in there. You won't know for sure until you get checked. Bleeding in the 1st trimester is common and it could really go either way although bright red blood is usually not a good sign. You won't get too much positive feedback on this board since we've all gone through miscarriage. I hope everything turns out ok for you but do know that there is a nice group of ladies on this board in case you need us. 

What she said. On this board we aren't particularly optimistic when it comes to bleeding but I hope you are not m/c--but if so we are here if you need us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope everything is ok and you don't have to come back here!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hopefully it's not a m/c, but when I m/c'd before mine sounds just like what you're doing.. Just take her advice on staying in bed, hopefully she will schedule you a ultrasound asap. 
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and advice. I go tomorrow at 8am for blood work and hopefully she will do an ultrasound. I will keep updating. I have never really felt like I was preggo to begin with. I had no morning sickness, no breast tenderness no nothing. So this might be Gods way of telling me not this time. and I will keep on trying until I get it right :) Thanks again ladies

update: just took a pregnancy test and it came back negative :( so I guess it wasnt meant to be. But we will see what the doctor has to say

• Options

Red blood isn't a good sign.

I see that your pg test is negative.  I'm sorry for your loss. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    So since I am only 5 weeks and 5 days all they could do was take blood today and then I go back Wednesday to take blood again to see if my levels double in 48 hours. and by Wednesday I will be 6 weeks so she will do an ultrasound then. I told her I took a pregnancy test and told her it came out negative and she said that wasnt good but it could have been the time of day I took the test too. I also told her that I wasnt having any pregnancy symptoms and she told me that it was normal for some women not to have symptoms for a few weeks. So now I have to wait till Wednesday. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers! I need them right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"