Blended Families
Options

finding it to be challenging

my Dh has an older daughter who is 14 soon to be 15. we have had problems with her since january due to her wanting to date a certain boy.. we have come across topics of birth controll to her cell phone being taken away and no computer. this is all due to her behavior and attitude that her father does not tollerate and as a step mom of an older child (this is a 1st to me i can handle younger ones better for sure) that i also have to watch for the younger girls ages 7-10 and preg w a 4th girl, that i have to stand my ground and put my foot down.  i had a very long 5 hour conversation with DH about this and he agrees. her influence on the younger ones is not acceptable and we just do not condone the impression that could continue w the younger ones....im keeping my cool due to being preg. right now and stress is on my list of things not to have  im very close to my due date just a couple weeks away , but all in all i beleive the situation that came our way has been handled and hopefully will calm down for every ones sake

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: finding it to be challenging

• Options

I don't think your post made very much sense.....

i'm confused.  Is there a question here?  What are the details of what actually happened?  Are you saying that this 14, almost 15 y/o girl has been talking about birth control on her phone? Is she sexually active with this boy? What behavior/attitude does her father not tolerate?  Are the younger girls (7 and 10) yours or are you step mom to them too? And what does your DH "agree" to?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When a kid asks you to put them on birth control- put them on birth control. When you deny that they're sexually active the only thing you do is create teen parents. Try not to make a bad situation horrible by adding a baby to the mix.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've read and re-read your post and I have no clue what the issue is or what you're looking for advice on. 
  • Options

imagePhantomgirl:
    I've read and re-read your post and I have no clue what the issue is or what you're looking for advice on. 

THIS

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options

imageNineoceans:
    When a kid asks you to put them on birth control- put them on birth control. When you deny that they're sexually active the only thing you do is create teen parents. Try not to make a bad situation horrible by adding a baby to the mix.

I'm also not really understanding your post.  But I agree with ^ this.  My mom put both my sister and I on birth control when we were 15 - just in case.  I wasn't sexually active but I became so around 16/17.  My sister was somewhat of a rebel and was sexually active at 15.  It's better safe than sorry, especially when she's asking for it (if that's what you really said). 

Related to the younger sisters... In a few years, the 10 year old may be asking for birth control and ACTING like a teenager.  Will you then consider her a bad influence on the youngest two and put whatever into place you want for the oldest SD?  It's not a step-children issue, it's a teenage girl issue.  You're a parent to all 3, almost 4.  Handle it as you would for the younger two - who I assume are your biological daughters.  She's either going to date and have unprotected sex behind your back OR she'll date under your supervision and support and be protected when she does sneak off - because she'll find a way.  

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    Please to be clarifying your post. And please put her on birth control. Like yesterday. Or you will be a grandma before you know it.
  • Options
    imagexmaryrickx:
    Please to be clarifying your post. And please put her on birth control. Like yesterday. Or you will be a grandma before you know it.
    Yep. Because that's confusing. And I'm of the opinion that at about fifteen girls should just be on birth control.
  • Options

image-auntie-:
    It's like that old adage, if you sit a million monkeys down to keyboards, they'll eventually write the complete works of Shakespeare. Alas, they will also produce random streams of words...

in place of a "like" button, I will give this post a Yes

• Options

I think this may be an update to a previous post?  I vaguely remember a couple weeks back that there was a poster with a teenage daughter that was "acting out", "had mental issues", "hated life with her dad and SM" because of a boy.  Something along those lines and if this is the same OP she was fed up with the girl's behavior or something.

Edit: FOUND IT!  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/64063700.aspx

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imagerobbins25:

my Dh has an older daughter who is 14 soon to be 15. we have had problems with her since january due to her wanting to date a certain boy.. we have come across topics of birth controll to her cell phone being taken away and no computer. this is all due to her behavior and attitude that her father does not tollerate and as a step mom of an older child (this is a 1st to me i can handle younger ones better for sure) that i also have to watch for the younger girls ages 7-10 and preg w a 4th girl, that i have to stand my ground and put my foot down.  i had a very long 5 hour conversation with DH about this and he agrees. her influence on the younger ones is not acceptable and we just do not condone the impression that could continue w the younger ones....im keeping my cool due to being preg. right now and stress is on my list of things not to have  im very close to my due date just a couple weeks away , but all in all i beleive the situation that came our way has been handled and hopefully will calm down for every ones sake

What happened? How was the situation handled? (what was the situation?)

• Options
    I'm confused...
    image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"