Snarky and T-TTC
Options

Since it's slow - a flooring question :)

We decided we really need to fix some of the floor in the kitchen that is water damaged - the problem is that they don't make the same width oak anymore.  Not only will the color be off in a section of the kitchen, the planks won't match.

Anyway, we're discussing replacing the whole floor.  So...what kinds of flooring do you have and do you like it?  How is it holding up?  We have a dog and 2 cats (and one is pretty cranky and doesn't like to be held so his back claws are long...no way to wrangle him long enough to clip them).  I feel like we need something sturdy :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Since it's slow - a flooring question :)

• Options
    We have tile in our kitchen, was there when we moved in.  It's not bad.  It's pretty easy to keep clean ( not that I mop all that often, haha ).  I like it fine enough.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have tile in the kitchen too. 
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gidgegidge member

Thanks.  Is that what you have in your dining area also?  Our (very small :) ) dining area is only separated from the kitchen by island and then the dining area goes into the entry hallway.  So there isn't a great transition to have the kitchen be different flooring from the other areas.

(we are for sure switching the laundry area from hardwood to tile.... if there's ever an issue with water in there, I don't want to have to go through all of this again Stick out tongue)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the same laminate wood flooring by quick step throughout the bottom level of our house. It's dark the dark wenge wide plank. I love the look. It's durable, but if something heavy is dropped it will scratch or chip. It's easy fix with stain marker or chip filler they sell and it isn't noticable after using it. With my toddler and our dog it's held up well. The dark color needs to be cleaned all the time, which is a pain, but I love the look of dark floors.
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have wood flooring in our breakfast area, where our table is.  In the kitchen area itself, we have tile.  Both of them are easy to clean.  We are currently house hunting, and in our next house, I really want all tile in the kitchen, where we would spend most of our time, and then hardwood in the dining room, which wouldn't be used as much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Options

we have tile in our kitchen and I hate it -- the grout keeps coming up despite DH fixing the subfloor and underneath the house. It is strong and sturdy though.

We have hardwood throughout. We have a large dog (had 2) and it held up ok -- its pretty beat up near the back door (our kitchen and dining room are connected).

My neighbor has pergo and that has held up very well. 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options

We have old, crappy peel and stick linoleum tiles in our kitchen. I hate them, but if we want anything else we'll have to replace the subflooring, which is probably going to snowball into a full kitchen remodel. I'm not prepared for that. What I really want is cork flooring.

The rest of our house is original (our house is 90 years old) oak hardwood. It's in great shape, aside from needing to be refinished. 

TTC with MFI, PCOS, and endometriosis since February 2010
    BFP January 20,2012, Loss confirmed January 22,2012
    March-August 2012: Various medicated/IUI cycles, all BFN
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy October 2012: Fall Cleaning, Uterus Edition
    BFP 2-17-12 @12DPO Beta#1: 256 Beta#2: 1061
    EDD:10-27-13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"