Preemies
Options

New to the board! and i have a question

Hi, I'm new to this board and don't know why I hadn't thought to drop by sooner. I had my son at 34 weeks and he's now 9 weeks old. I'm wondering what i should be expecting in terms of his development...Do I follow his adjusted age for everything? Should I be looking at his sleep patterns and expecting him to still be sleeping more like a 3 week old rather than a 9 weeker?  He also still likes to be held a lot and doesn't spend a lot of awake time on his own (like in a swing, on the mat for tummy time, etc.)  He hasn't had any major health issues and was only in the nicu for a week for jaundice. I think he was 5 lb 10 oz at birth. So what do you think? Any chance I'll be getting a restful night of sleep any time soon?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New to the board! and i have a question

• Options
    I had my son at 33 1/2 weeks, and as far as i know you go with their adjusted age for developmental milestones. but every baby is different. My Lo is now 2months old but adjusted age is 4 weeks, i feel like it'll be forever before i get a restful night of sleep!
  • Options

Hi Shadowboxerkd!  PP gas your question covered I just recognized your siggie from another board - maybe SAIF?  Didn't realize you'd had your son early. Sounds like he is doing well. Congratulations on his arrival! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on your son! Yes, you should go by his adjusted age in terms of his development. Every baby is different so he may start doing things more in line with his  actual age, but isn't expected to do them until his adjusted age.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"