Attachment Parenting
Options

Stokke Tripp Trapp - Worth It?

We have a $55 high chair from Target that put on a chair at our house, so as to not give up extra floor space to a high chair.  The thing is a gross disaster.  It gets food everywhere and has tons of nooks and crannies for food and sauce to go.  It grosses me out to no end.  But...it works, I guess.  I really want a Stokke Tripp Trapp for baby #2 (due end of June), but not sure it is worth the investment.  Thoughts?  DS is nearly 2, so he would use it for a bit until his little sister can use it. I have looked for a used one on CL, but these things don't seem to be for sale.  That and a Didymos wrap...can't find one used to save my life.  Any help in getting either of these items used would be great, too!  Thx!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stokke Tripp Trapp - Worth It?

• Options

We have a fairly simple high chair from Ikea, that I love. I think they are $25 with a tray. It is easy to clean and fairly sturdy. I highly reccomend it.

You can buy used wraps on thebabywearer.com. You have to register to access it though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We got the Keekaroo one for #2 (well, the grandparents did, really) because our tables are counter height and bar height.  We used the Space Saver with DD, which was OK but we wanted to try something different.  It is still kind of $$ but it's cheaper than the Stokke and has similar features. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If I was shopping today, I'd go with the IKEA one too. So cheap, no nooks and crannies.

I'm just not about spending hundreds on baby furniture.

• Options

We have a Tripp Trapp & will buy a 2nd one for the next baby. Kids actually prefer to have their feet touch something while they eat & most aren't tall enough to touch the floor till their much older. Think about it - would you want to eat with your feet dangling? I'm short & have that problem if we ever have to sit at the bar or high tables when eating out & it drives me nuts. 

Anyway, it's well worth the $$. We shopped around & got a good deal on one online, then the table tray was given for free. I wouldn't have thought the tray was worth it but it totally is - it's huge & holds tons of spills. I'll get a 2nd one with the next chair as well. We're going to buy the same color so that we can just use the old baby kit we had before. 

Oh, & we looked on CL, etc. too & could never find one. Ppl pass them down to grandkids & don't get rid of them. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have 2 and I love them! My SIL has 2 and used them until her kids were 12 at least. Other high chairs you can only use for about 1 1/2 years and then you have to get rid of them and switch to a booster. A Tripp Trapp you can use for years and even adults can sit on them. It makes them worth the extra $ in my opinion.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just tossed the spacesaver into the garage (after a month of use, ugh!!) and went for the Ikea one.  Love it so so much.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the keekaroo one and love it. I suggest it, especially of you would use the chair as LO gets older. It's made for the long haul - ie not just a one or two year item. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagewebMistress0609:

We have a Tripp Trapp & will buy a 2nd one for the next baby. Kids actually prefer to have their feet touch something while they eat & most aren't tall enough to touch the floor till their much older. Think about it - would you want to eat with your feet dangling? I'm short & have that problem if we ever have to sit at the bar or high tables when eating out & it drives me nuts. 

Anyway, it's well worth the $$. We shopped around & got a good deal on one online, then the table tray was given for free. I wouldn't have thought the tray was worth it but it totally is - it's huge & holds tons of spills. I'll get a 2nd one with the next chair as well. We're going to buy the same color so that we can just use the old baby kit we had before. 

This. This. This.

It is a dream to clean and I just took off the baby rail a couple of months ago. Zoe climbs up herself now and love the independence it gives her. It is an investment for years rather than a short-term high chair. Plus it looks great. I know it is hard to get in the US used, we tried and ended up buying a new one (we lived in California until 6 months ago). Here in Sweden they are the main high chair and they go for $ 50-70 used without the baby rail. 

Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Options
    I have an Ikea one that was $25 and LOVE it.  Very easy to use and clean.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  Really appreciate the feedback! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"