New to The Bump
Options

Honeymoon Baby

So my FI and I are getting married June 2.....2 months from tomorrow.  I"m so excited!!  he wants to have a honeymoon baby.  SO I am trying to go off my BC to make this happen.

Did anyone else have a honeymoon baby?  Any suggestions?

I'm so excited about this...I hope it happens, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much!!

Anniversary

Re: Honeymoon Baby

• Options
    Ditto pp. Plus you have to at actually ovulate during your honeymoon...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAmbsies:

First off:  congrats on your upcoming wedding!  DH and I were married on June 2nd, too (2007). 

Now on to your hopes for a honeymoon baby... You realize your chances of conceiving your very first month of TTC are slim, right?  I'm not saying it's not possible, because it is, but your chances are slim.  My advice?  Get off bc NOW and use alternative methods until your honeymoon.  Also, start charting NOW.  Head over to FertilityFriend.com and watch some of their "new to charting" "new to TTC" videos- they will teach you a ton about the TTC process and your body (you may think you know how your body works, but you might be surprised by what you learn).  You might think you ovulate at a certain point of the month and you might be off by a day or two, which could make all the difference.  Here is some awesome info from the TTGP board, too : HERE

Good luck with everything and I hope you get the honeymoon baby you're hoping for.

Thanks!! WE are so excited!!  I can't believe it's coming up so soon.

And yes...I realize there is a slim chance that I will get pregnant on the actual honeymoon, but here's to hoping!!

If I go off BC now, then I would actually be on my period during the honeymoon.  BOO!!  And as for other methods - that's easy.....we aren't sleeping together at the moment.  LOL

For ovulating, I am hoping to stop the pill so that I will be 14-21 days after my cycle starts.  So....we'll see what happens!! 

Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You gotta get off the pill now. I've been off it for 5 months now and still haven't had a period.  It's not like you can just time getting off the bill so that you'll BAM ovulate 14 days later. 
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!! That's the day before my birthday, lol!! Ubbs and I got preggo on our honeymoon but I cant offer much advice. Happened the old fashioned way...a room overlooking the ocean, on cloud 9 from a wonderful wedding, Jamaican Rum (all inclusive), and VOILA!!  LOL.
    Kingston Jett has arrived!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    haha love it!
    -Laura
  • Options

imageNindakay:

Thanks!! WE are so excited!!  I can't believe it's coming up so soon.

And yes...I realize there is a slim chance that I will get pregnant on the actual honeymoon, but here's to hoping!!

If I go off BC now, then I would actually be on my period during the honeymoon.  BOO!!  And as for other methods - that's easy.....we aren't sleeping together at the moment.  LOL

For ovulating, I am hoping to stop the pill so that I will be 14-21 days after my cycle starts.  So....we'll see what happens!! 

If you are on the pill right now, there is no way to predict when your period will be in June.  The periods you are having on the pill are not real periods (they are withdrawal bleeds)  and will not follow the same schedule once you are off of them.  It takes many women a couple of months to even get a real period once they stop the pill.  It is also common not to ovulate immediately after coming off the pill.  Some women get back on track immediately, but it seems more common that it takes a bit longer for most. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Random- we just came back from Jamaica, and you aren't kidding about the rum- all inclusive- room overlooking the ocean and on cloud 9! We slipped up so I guess next month will tell! lolol. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"