Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby's head slumping over in carseat.. Please help

My dd is 5 weeks and still lacks some neck/head control. She's about10lbs and 22.5 inches long. We have a graco snugride 30. I'm using the head pillows that came with the seat. The incline is correct according to the meter on the base. But my dd's head slumps over at times. This scares me to death. I have an appt to get the carseat inspected but that's not for another 2 weeks. I have never had this happen with my other kids. Any tips or hints on what to do? I'm scared to drive anywhere.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby's head slumping over in carseat.. Please help

• Options
    After your DD is all strapped in you can add rolled receiving blankets for extra support (see here).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Make sure the chest clip is in the proper place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekatcarls:
    After your DD is all strapped in you can add rolled receiving blankets for extra support (see here).

Ditto this. A cloth diaper (the gerber ones that are usually used as burb cloths) works well too, without as much bulk.

DS' head would always slump to the right, so I kept a cloth diaper on that side. For some reason he never slumped to the left... always the right. Weird kid.

• Options
    imagesrs5624:

imagekatcarls:

Ditto this. A cloth diaper (the gerber ones that are usually used as burb cloths) works well too, without as much bulk.

DS' head would always slump to the right, so I kept a cloth diaper on that side. For some reason he never slumped to the left... always the right. Weird kid.

My girl is to the right as well. The chest clip and straps are all in the proper places. I'll try the burp cloth. I just don't get why it's doing this if the incline is right. I about wrecked the first time it happened. My 5 year Old said mama something is wrong with the baby's head ( talk about a heart dropper).
  • Options

Have you talked to your ped about it? I work at a physical therapist office and our ped pt sees little ones that lack neck and head control. She instructs parents on exercises to do with the baby to work on strengthening these muscles. I know this is not exactly what you were looking for in an answer but that is what I have for advice! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePdxmom73:

Have you talked to your ped about it? I work at a physical therapist office and our ped pt sees little ones that lack neck and head control. She instructs parents on exercises to do with the baby to work on strengthening these muscles. I know this is not exactly what you were looking for in an answer but that is what I have for advice! 

She actually is doing good with neck control for her age. She picks up her head during tummy time and when we hold her on our chests. She just doesn't look like she sits right in the carseat, like she's uncomfortable ( but she doesn't cry). I don't know if it's cause she's such a chunk now. She looks like she has no neck. But thank fir your input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"