Preemies
Options

Rough Night *Adalyn Update 3/23**Added a pic

Adalyn had a pretty rough night last night. She started having dips in her heartrate and was needing more and more oxygen. A blood gas showed that her carbon dioxide was higher and that her hematocrit was lower. She ended up being anemic and got a blood transfusion overnight. They also increased her oxygen flow from 1L to 3L, which resulted in less oxygen requirement and a much better blood gas. Luckily, she didn't have to go back on the CPAP.

She is doing much better this morning, hasn't had dips in her heartrate, and is now down to about 28% oxygen on the higher flow. I didn't get to kangaroo her this morning because it's best to just let her sleep in her little incubator. Hopefully I'll get to dress her and hold her tonight. I'll keep you all posted.

The good news is that she is tolerating her feeds very well, has had no residuals, and gained another ounce.  She is up to 3 pounds 8 ounces (1.580kg).  Her chest x-ray also looked unchanged from about a week ago--it didn't get worse or show any infection.  Her CBC also looked fine except for the hematocrit.  

ETA: Here is a pic from yesterday afternoon before the drama last night. I think she looks GREAT in pink! Smile

IMAG0301
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Rough Night *Adalyn Update 3/23**Added a pic

• Options

So sorry to hear she had a rough night, but I am glad everything came back showing no signs of infections. I hated the rough days where things would change like that.

She is getting so big! Can't wait to see pictures of her dressed up! 

Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sorry to hear she had a rough night, but glad she is doing better today! She is adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Aw, I'm sorry she had to go through that, but I've heard that transfusions can make a world of difference. We're dealing with similar issues (hematocrit dropped from 30 on Tuesday to 27 today... dangerously low, apparently) and I'm in the process of trying to get approved to donate blood for him even though I'm not 6 weeks post-partum yet.

I have to agree; Adalyn looks absolutely adorable in pink! :) You can really see how nicely she's plumping up!  

Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry she had a rough patch. I'm glad the transfusion seemed to help. Those were golden to my son - he had 17 transfusions while in the NICU! - and without Gail they made a big difference in his sats immediately! Hope this was just a blip and she continues to gain weight well. 
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    imagenjdcgirl:
    Sorry she had a rough patch. I'm glad the transfusion seemed to help. Those were golden to my son - he had 17 transfusions while in the NICU! - and without Gail they made a big difference in his sats immediately! Hope this was just a blip and she continues to gain weight well. 
    Yes, it seems to be helping her a lot! I was starting to get concerned that this is her 5th one, and as much as it sucks that your little guy had to have 17, it makes me feel not as freaked out about her needing so many.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    She is so cute! I'm sorry she had a rough night and I hope you were able to do some Kangaroo Care with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"