Single Parents

Giving it another try...Advice needed

DH and I decided to give it another try.  He's been gone for three months, and finally realized (after missing DD's first words, first steps, and first birthday) how much he loves us and wants to be apart of our family.  I'm so happy, I've been praying for this for months...but, obviously, I'm being cautious, we're taking it slow, and we want to "do it right" this time.  He probably won't move back home for another month or two, but we want to avoid falling into our old routine (him not helping out and me overreacting) when that time comes.  How do/did you effectively divide household chores and baby duty with your husband? 

Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
Can't wait to meet my baby boy!

Re: Giving it another try...Advice needed

• Honestly, I would try to go to couples counseling. I think the best way to not fall into the same routine is to start off with better communication and coping skills.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We will be!  We tried counseling before separating, and will start again next weekend.  :-)  Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • nevermind.

• I'm a little confused on why you are asking this on the single parents board?  But I am happy for you.  I think that is wonderful that you are guys are giving your family a chance.  Best of luck to your family!  Smile
  • imagedmndsr4eva:
    I'm a little confused on why you are asking this on the single parents board?  But I am happy for you.  I think that is wonderful that you are guys are giving your family a chance.  Best of luck to your family!  Smile

Lol!  I've been posting here intermittently throughout our separation; and I thought if any ladies on the bump knew what strategies worked and didn't, it'd be you girls.  Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you're asking how to handle baby/kid/chore duties, here's what works for us:

Make a chore chart or make it clear what is divided. We both work full time, so one person isn't at home during the day to do more than the other. I cook, my husband does the dishes. We both do laundry. I clean the bathrooms, he vacuums the floors. I pick up the kid's toys, he takes out the trash. 

As far as kids, we both are involved in dinner, teeth brushing, bath, story, and bedtime. For the baby, we alternate feedings and diaper changes.  

He's my partner, not my man child like my ex-h was.  

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• imageDarthNBJenni:

If you're asking how to handle baby/kid/chore duties, here's what works for us:

Make a chore chart or make it clear what is divided. We both work full time, so one person isn't at home during the day to do more than the other. I cook, my husband does the dishes. We both do laundry. I clean the bathrooms, he vacuums the floors. I pick up the kid's toys, he takes out the trash. 

As far as kids, we both are involved in dinner, teeth brushing, bath, story, and bedtime. For the baby, we alternate feedings and diaper changes.  

He's my partner, not my man child like my ex-h was.  

Yes This makes me so happy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"