Special Needs
Options

Progress notes vs. monthly meetings - advice needed

DH and I don't know quite what to make of this.  The center DS goes to does monthly meetings w/ the parents.  Each time we go, they tell us how great he's doing and how fast he's learning.  This month it was the same - he's doing great; getting things really fast; we're going to be beefing up the program because of all the progress he's making.

Fast forward to this week and progress notes were sent home with his bag.  I wish I could insert car brakes sounds because the progress notes speak of "little progress", just one above "no progress" and they were completed by the same people who sat across a table from us and told us he was learning quickly and making great progress.  The notes on the report talk about little progress and "maximum amount of prompts" etc etc.  

So which is it?  We have another meeting 2 weeks from now but any advice on how to bring up the subject without sounding confrontational?  Or is this the norm in your experiences?  

I mean, if we go just by what we've seen, we know he still has a long way to go but we also recognize that he's come so far already in a relatively short period of time.   It's just highly confusing.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Progress notes vs. monthly meetings - advice needed

• Options

I think you might be on to something auntie because yes, the progress notes spoke very much about his ability to interact with his peers and play with them and that's his weakest area - I would definitely agree that he's made very little progress in that area.  

His biggest progress has to do with speech and imitating and eye contact but if memory serves me right - there was very little of that in the progress notes packet.  

Thanks auntie - always a great sounding board! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"