1st Trimester
Options

If you post a disturbing link...

with a news story or video people might find upsetting, especially if it's about babies, please post a warning.  If you just post the link, people don't know if it's something they may want to avoid.

Thanks.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If you post a disturbing link...

• Options
    Um, there's an incredibly descriptive warning posted on the page that she linked to. It's visible before the video starts. I'm not sure how you wouldn't have known that it was a disturbing video involving a 9 month old baby.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What post was it in?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Molly, no need to be a twatwaffle about it.  Common sense, post a PSA- this is disturbing and not every pregnant woman will want to watch it.  YWIA.

Hi Iris!  How's baby lately, haven't seen you around much!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehoundbaby:
    What post was it in?

The ' Oh. My. God.' Post.

And ditto, I think there was enough warning based on everyone's reactions and the warning on the page the link sends you to.

• Options
    imageThe_Jen626:

Molly, no need to be a twatwaffle about it.  Common sense, post a PSA- this is disturbing and not every pregnant woman will want to watch it.  YWIA.

Hi Iris!  How's baby lately, haven't seen you around much!

Whoa... hold on a second... You're getting a little out of control here. It was pretty clear, based on the title of the post alone, not to mention the fact that it was mentioned that the police are investigating that it might be disturbing. She was merely pointing this out. There was nothing twatwaffle about it.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options

There is nothing in this (the OP) that says "disturbing" or "sad".  From this description, it could be a funny video, or a fake Britney Spears video, who knows?  My point was that she was snarky to Iris, when she didn't need to be.  Not everyone reads the replies before clicking the link to view the video, that's all.

My sister, who lives in N.C. just sent me an instant message with this link.... apparently this was on the news down there, so she looked it up and here it is.

The baby in this video is 9 months old.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86e_1225055845

• Options
    imageThe_Jen626:

Molly, no need to be a twatwaffle about it.? Common sense, post a PSA- this is disturbing and not every pregnant woman will want to watch it.? YWIA.

Hey Jen, since when does pointing out the obvious=being a twatwaffle? Enough of us saw the post and were able to figure it out by reading the warning. I don't think it's the OPs responsbility to hold all of our hands and protect us from things that we may not want to see when all you had to do was read. the. warning.?

• Options
    Right... but there's a huge disclaimer right on top of the screen with the video.
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options
    I thought it was going to be a video of a baby doing something cute and talented like singing or dancing...I did see the warning on the site before I watched it though.
  • Options
    That was all Molly was pointing out.
  • Options
    imageThe_Jen626:

There is nothing in this (the OP) that says "disturbing" or "sad".? From this description, it?could be a funny video, or?a fake Britney Spears video, who knows?? My point was that she was snarky to Iris, when she didn't need to be.? Not everyone reads the replies before clicking the link to view the video, that's all.

?

My sister, who lives in N.C. just sent me an instant message with this link.... apparently this was on the news down there, so she looked it up and here it is.

?The baby in this video is 9 months old.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86e_1225055845

Okay, Jen, since you obviously need your hand held through this one, here's the text of the warning that appears before the video loads. Not only that, but you have 15 additional seconds to shut the window before the man picks the baby up.Super Baby, Aero Gymnastics with a 9 Month old Baby-boyFeatured

Warning: a baby is very fragile and this actually endangers the baby's life. The possibility of multiple injuries to this child sets this aside from simply "playing with your baby". If anyone has any information as to either the origins of this video or the person in it please get in touch with a member of the LiveLeak.com staff.

Just pointing out the obvious. Seriously. If you can't figure it out from that, I can't help you. Seriously.?

• Options

Twatwaffle is a term of love and endearment, coming from me.  I really didn't mean any offense (hence, why I didn't write "hey don't be a cvnt" instead), but just felt like the first response was rude to Iris.  I don't like it when people are rude to Iris.  I didn't even click the link or view the page, but form the OP alone, there was zero description of the video.  I think it's common courtesy (not hand holding) to say, hey pregnant ladies, you may not want to watch this!!

Have a happy Halloween 1st triers, I hope you guys feel good enough to eat some candy!

• Options

Molly, I *just* replied and wrote that I didn't even click the link or watch the video.  I was talking about the original post only.

Unwad your panties, it's freaking Halloween!  Eat some candy!

• Options
    imageThe_Jen626:

?I didn't even click the link or view the page, but form the OP alone, there was zero description of the video. ?

?

Jen, that was obvious. Maybe you'll reconsider calling someone a twatwaffle before you even bother to check out what's being discussed, mmmkay? Happy Halloween.?

• Options

Twatwaffle twatwaffle twatwaffle.

Seriously, LOL.  Isn't it funny the things that we get upset about on a message board?

Have a good night!

• Options

Sorry for my lack of a "warning" on the post. I was a bit suprised when my sister sent it to me, and I wasn't thinking. Although, as many of the other posters said - it clearly tells you what the video is about before the video begins.

I will gladly delete the post so that nobody else watches it, but then, I will probably get flamed for that too.

• Options
    imageundercovermother21:

Sorry for my lack of a "warning" on the post. I was a bit suprised when my sister sent it to me, and I wasn't thinking. Although, as many of the other posters said - it clearly tells you what the video is about before the video begins.

I will gladly delete the post so that nobody else watches it, but then, I will probably get flamed for that too.

You can edit the OP and add a warning ?

• Options
    imageThe_Jen626:

Twatwaffle twatwaffle twatwaffle.

Seriously, LOL.? Isn't it funny the things that we get upset about on a message board?

Have a good night!

Yeah, it's amazing that you and Iris were so upset about something that was so painfully obvious. Have a good night to you, too!
  • Options

Molly, you will fit in good on 2nd tri Big Smile We're a bunch of snarky biitches!  Enjoy the rest of your 1st tri, I hope it's not as awful as mine was, I wasn't normal again until about 14/15 weeks, it was awful.

I'm off work, have a great weekend!  Don't be too much of a twatwaffle this weekend!

(just kidding!!!)

Stick out tongue

• Options

Okay, if you will make me a special twatwaffle badge or something, I will promise to display it proudly in my siggy...or somewhere. Don't know where the best place for a twatwaffle badge would be, but I'm sure I could figure it out... I'm glad you're feeling better out of first tri: have a nice weekend. (And don't be a twatwaffle!) =)?

• Options

Something I made many months ago. Oh wait..is it too disturbing? ;)

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    LMAO Chrysallys!!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    HA! That is awesome!
  • Options
    imageChrysallys:

Mmmhmmm...well...eh...that's some lovely handiwork, Chrysallys! =) ?

• Options
    What can I say? I like making graphics. My fave is a BOTB complaint form.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    imageChrysallys:

Oh my gosh, I'm in love with this picture.  It's my favorite ever.  If I was eating or drinking something I am positive I would have choked and died.  It would have been worth it, so.freaking.hilarious!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    Wow, I didn't mean to offend.  Forgive me, O wonderful first tri board.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"