TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

WWYD re: Provera and good IF insurance

So, I went and got my prescription for provera today... and i'll fill it tomorrow. 

But here's my question, would you take it?

I just started a long term assignment at work. Where I work I cannot get health insurance until I am working 20 consecutive days in a long term assignment. We have insurance under DH, but it covers NOTHING of IF. My jobs health insurance is WONDERFUL with IF. A woman in the building has had 3 IVFs, and all of her meds were covered, I don't know how much she had to pay... but I know it wasn't much. 

So I can get this wonderful IF insurance starting April 20th. I'm not 100% sure on my end date yet. I'm assuming end of May, maybe even beginning of June. But i'm thinking i'll have about a month worth of good IF insurance.

I'm also not 100% sure on what my doctor would want to do before we move on to femara and IUI.  What testing I need to have done. Especially since i'll be the first one in the practice to use femara! I know she wants lots of stuff done before I even take the pills... I just can't remember what. 

So, would you take the provera now, putting me around CD 15ish by the time the good IF insurance kicks in. Or would you wait to see what happens in the next month, home AF doesn't show on it's own, and take the provera so CD 1 is right after I get the good insurance?  

UGH! 

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

Re: WWYD re: Provera and good IF insurance

• That is a tough one!  Personally, I think I would take the Provera right after you get the good insurance, but I know it would be really hard to put it off and make myself wait.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Any chance you can ask your doc what she plans to do? Tell her the situation with your insurance. Most doctors understand and will try to help and work around your insurance. Good luck!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would schedle an appt for Apr 20th if you can, start taking provera about a week before (since I'm assuming it'll take 10 days to "work"), that way you'll be at or close to cd1 of a new cycle, they can do baseline u/s if they want and maybe start your meds right away.  Since you have such a short window of awesome insurance, I would make sure you maximize your opportunity.  Depending on teh dates, if you're close to running out on your insurance, you might even want to get another months worth of meds close to the end of your last covered insurance cycle (not to be a total downer - but IF they'll cover them, worst case, you just won't need them.  If you do go OOP again, then at least the meds are paid for. I'm all for saving money!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • imagedelino:
    Any chance you can ask your doc what she plans to do? Tell her the situation with your insurance. Most doctors understand and will try to help and work around your insurance. Good luck!

I was thinking this exactly.  I would just explain the situation and see if she has a plan in mind that would effect things either way.  Good luck! 

BFP #1 - Chemical Pregnancy ----BFP#2 - DD born at 32 weeks-----BFP #3 Spontaneous Identical Twin Boys lost due to Missed M/C - on 7/1/11----BFP #4 Baby girl lost due to Trisomy 22 on 1/6/12 PGAL and PAL Always Welcome! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagedelino:
    Any chance you can ask your doc what she plans to do? Tell her the situation with your insurance. Most doctors understand and will try to help and work around your insurance. Good luck!

This is what I was thinking exactly. Good luck Cashews.  

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You already know my opinion, but I wanted to let you know that in addition to the CD b/w + u/s, they probably won't do an IUI without an hsg. Luckily, you can do it on the same cycle. The hsg is usually done around cd 8. 

RE #2 who I started with for IUI #4 let me hit the ground running since I used an oral med for that one (clomid), so we did the testing all during the same cycle.

One other thing: when you say dr, do you mean RE or OB? Will your ob even do an IUI? Or will you need to be referred out to an RE? 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"