Success after IF
Options

I hate L&D

It's so exhausting going in thinking you might have a baby (weather you're ready or not) and then just come home thinking "well that was fun".

I came home and just started sobbing.  I hate that one headache that won't go away equals a four hour trip to L&D.  I know they still want me to come in because headaches are a bad sign with pre-e, but it's just frustrating.. why can't I just be checked at the clinic? (trust me I asked!)

Thanks so much for all your support these days, I feel like this has been the best pregnancy and I'm sort of falling apart at the end Sad

And now I am not even going to pass out candy like a big grinch (even though I have it!) cuz I shouldn't really be getting up and I never got to shower today and I have swollen eyes from crying, not the way I want to meet new neighbors...

Boo.   

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: I hate L&D

• Options

Rachel,

I haven't been on all day and was getting caught up. I'm so sorry that you had to go to L&D only to be sent home.

However, I am glad to hear that things are fine for you and Bob right now. I hope that the next couple of weeks fly by and Bob will be here before you know it.

Rest, relax and take care of you and Bob. ((HUGS))

• Options

Ugh.  The curveballs we are thrown really aren't fair.

I had a bad day too--but the chocolate has got to be given out--I can't be trusted!!

hang in there, bob is coming soon! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dang, I hate that this is so crappy for you! Hang in there and take care of yourself!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bummer. I am on bedrest too - and its such a roller coaster - up and down....and like you I am nearing the end and ready to be done. Its hard on your body. Hang in there hon!! Just imagine, in a month, your Bob and my Owen will be here. Thats all we have to make it, is just a few more weeks!!
  • Options
    I am so glad that you and Bob are home safe and sound.  I am so sorry that you are down. The end of my pg was the hardest for me as well (even though I was sick throughout it all, esp the beginning) and seemed to drag on forever.  I am not a patient person and had complications at the end as well. So I can totally relate.  This will all be over soon and you will have a very wonderful gift at the end to make it all worth it.  Chin up.  
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have had a bad day!   That stinks going to the L&D.  Just thinkat least if you are not passing out candy there is now more for you.  I am glad you and "Bob" are okay!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

After 21 cycles, and severe MFI, we finally did it with IVF #1 w/ICSI! Nico arrived 12/3/08!!!
    TTC for #2: IVF w/ICSI #2-4/17/10-BFN; IVF w/ICSI #3; 7/4/10-BFP!!! Beta #1- 96; Beta #2-528; Beta #3- 7371; 6w,5d-blited ovum=D&C :(
    IUI #2 1/10/11-BFN; IUI #3 2/18/11-BFN
    IVF #4 w/ICSI & PICSI ER 5/13/11, ET 5/1/118-BFP!! Natalee arrived on 1/23/12!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Blog: Miracles Can Happen
    Parenthood Blog: The Adventures of Nico & Natalee
  • Options
    I'm falling apart too.  I'm thinking of asking them to move my c-section up a week - to 38 weeks.  I'm having panic attacks about the clotting disorders, Jack's health - and I know it's partially related to the recent tragedy in my family.  I'm having a hard time.  I am calling my midwives on Monday (if not paging someone over the weekend) to see how they can help me.  I need more ultrasounds or something if I'm going to be pregnant for two more weeks.  Otherwise - I don't think I can do it. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options

I'm mostly a lurker, but I've been following your story and the Trouble TTC boards and SAIF boards since last year. I have PCOS, and my DD was born in February - before her I had 2 miscarriages.

Anyway, with my daughter, I was hospitalized overnight at 34 weeks due to high BP, then on bedrest with twice weekly doctor appointments and non-stress tests until I was induced at 39 weeks with VERY high BP that wasn't responding to meds. I know it is SO HARD to wait when you're so uncomfortable and on bedrest, but every extra day inside mommy is so much better for baby. I was finally induced at 39 weeks and my daughter was born perfectly healthy.

Looking back now, every ounce of discomfort those last few weeks was SO WORTH IT. Our DD is our joy. I would do it again in a heartbeat. (As a matter of fact, we're going to start trying for DC#2 in a few weeks!)

Anyway, I just wanted to offer encouragement. Even though every day goes by so slowly right now, in a few months when "Bob" is two months old, you'll be wondering where the time went...trust me.

Take care,

Lisa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"