Preemies
Options

XP: My First Outfit! *Adalyn Update 3/20*

Hello ladies!!!

Adalyn FINALLY surpassed and broken through the 1.5kg (3 pounds 5 ounces) barrier and can now wear clothes!! She weighed in at 1.52kg (3 pounds 5.6 ounces) today and I got to put an outfit on her! It is, of course, HUGE on her.  However, it works. :)  

She is now up to 40ml every 4 hours on her feeds.  They are shortening (from over 3 hrs to over 2 hrs) the cycle feed and will get her back to her regular bolus feeds in a few days.  They also decreased her oxygen flow to 1.5L, but to go back up to 2L if she needs more than 40% oxygen to keep her oxygen sats. So far, so good, but she has needed more oxygen (~35%) on the 1.5L than the 2 (~31%).  We'll see what happens.  

They added MCT oil to be given either before or after a feed, which is multi-chain triglycerides oil, to add calories to her daily intake without increasing the volume of her feeds.  She gets 1ml twice a day and each ml will add about 8 extra calories.  She is still taking mostly my breastmilk and hasn't had any issues.  

So, the main goals for now are weaning off of the oxygen and putting some weight on! 

Here is a pic of her last night with this doll to give you perspective on how big this outfit is on her.  It is a size Newborn, but it is an outfit that can be used as a sack and/or buttoned on the legs.  She is wearing a onesie underneath it that is preemie size (still large) but it wouldn't keep her warm enough.  The sleeves of this one are rolled a little more than halfway up! :) 

IMG_9940IMAG0295
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: My First Outfit! *Adalyn Update 3/20*

• Options

So precious!

Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

So cute!!!!

If you want cute preemie clothes similar to that (ie the convertible gowns), check out Kissy Kissy brand.  They run a little big on the preemie side, so they are a good transition between Preemie and Newborn size. 

It is am AMAZING feeling when they get to wear clothes etc, isn't it?!  One of my favorite hospital visits was a friend who bought some preemie sized onesies with his initials.  They were the first 'clothes' he could wear when he was born because he was still in an isolette.  But, it made me so happy to have that joy and normalcy of dressing my baby. 

Glad your little lady is doing so well:). Lots of hugs.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SO CUTE!!!!! Wesley was 3lbs 14oz when he went home this weekend - but putting clothes on him last week was the best thing ever!!!!  We got to put them on him when his IV for his glucose came out.  I would suggest the Carters brand preemie outfits - they have them at BBB and BRU - they are a skinnier fit than most of the other outfits, so they have more of a "this fits me right" look. :)  Congrats on the cuteness!!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yay for clothes!!!  Such a fun little milestone to reach.
    image image image

• Options
    Adorable! I hope that you're copying your posts here for her baby book. What a great record.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow, she has already grown so much!

I second the Carter's preemie clothes. We had a whole wardrobe for her in the hospital, and those are the clothes that I'm sentimentally attached to. I don't even remember what outfit we finally brought her home in, but our favorite hospital outfits I'll never get rid of.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    So cute!! She's getting big!! yay!! I don't know if i mentioned this before but Target has some really cheap preemie outfits (they seem to be for the more petite preemie as Allison didn't swim in them, I think they are part of the Carter's line, one in particular had a little short sleeve shirt that said "daddy's princess" and a long sleeve shirt that had a ballerina slipper on it, fit her very well when she was about 3lb, 8oz  ($4-6). Also, Gymboree has good things too <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Yay!! She is so adorable! My DD had the same outfit Smile

So happy to hear she is continuing to do so well! Go Adalyn!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So exciting, she looks so cute! 

It was such a wonderful day when we could put on Avie's first outfit. 

I'm glad she is doing so well.

Me: 38  DH:36
    lap for endo 12/2010  uterus didelphys confirmed in hysteroscopy 
    dd born at 34 weeks 2/29/12  short NICU stay
    BFP somewhere around 2/14/13  d&c april @ 12 wks   partial molar diagnosed after d&c
    HCG monitoring for approx 11 months
    TTC  #2 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"