3rd Trimester

35 weeks and pelvic area feels bruised

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow (have had this feeling for about a week) and my pelvic area feels bruised (the feeling is only worsening).  I'm sure its where my "stuff" is expanding....but I always like knowing I'm not alone in what I'm experiencing. :-)

Re: 35 weeks and pelvic area feels bruised

• I have had lots of pelvic pain for the last few weeks - my baby is really far down so I get the "bruised" feeling too.  I actually found it helped to be more active/walk around a bit.  Well, until the last few days anyway - now it hurts to walk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you've gone 35 weeks and this is the first time you've felt this, you are very lucky!  I felt this with DS at around 28 weeks, and it was so painful I didn't know what to do.  This time around, I only get it now and then, but I'm not looking forward to that feeling again.  Good news is - it's normal.  Bad news is - there isn't much you can do about it.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • YES!!!!!!!!!!!!  It orginally started out feeling this way in the middle of the night when i'd get up to go to the bathroom and in the morning when I would wake up and is now feeling that way most of the time!  Also when I'm sitting and get up to adjust or something it feels like i'm going to bottom out, if that makes sense.  My BH have also gone from being my belly tightening to now additional pelvic pressure and pelvic tightening along with my belly!

Mine also feels bruised to the touch. 

~Julia~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yes! It's your pelvic bone and the ligaments that hold it stretching to allow for baby to get lower. I'm at 32 weeks and I've been feeling it daily for a couple weeks. Ice packs actually help too. I know it sounds weird but last night I was lying on my side with an ice pack wedged up next to my pelvic bone and it helped immediately!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket the right one will always make you feel like you are the most loved person in the world
  • Same boat, mine started about 34 weeks which was also around the time he dropped.  Midwife told me that it is ligaments and cartilidge stretching, she suggested I sleep with a pillow between my knees, and avoid straddling or squating.  I have also noticed that walking helps, as does a heating pad...but not too close to the belly and not for too long. 
    Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"