Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Cycle after CP?

Hi gals.  I'm new. I posted this question last week on another board, but that was before I discovered this one and so I thought maybe this might be a better place.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  I've been lurking for a couple of days and am so glad that I found this board!  Please forgive me if half of this post sounds like crazy rambling...

Anyway, had a chemical pregnancy last cycle.  I will not be able to get in to see my doc for a couple more weeks to ask a bunch of questions, so I'm interested to hear others' experiences with CP.  What was your cycle following it like? Did your doc recommend waiting a cycle or two before TTC again? How long did it take for you to feel back to normal again (well, physically back to normal, anyway...)

I think I've kind of been in denial about the whole thing and now that a few weeks have passed it's just now sort of hitting me.  I'm pretty confused about how to feel...on one hand I wanted to think that it wasn't a big deal (since it's apparently pretty common), but on the other hand I feel like I want to allow myself to be upset about it on some level. The term CP is annoyingly clinical and makes me feel like I'm a bit crazy to even feel like I've had a miscarriage. Yeah, it's just confusing. Physically, I guess I am okay but the fact that I've now had 2 periods (or a m/c I guess and a period) in less than 28 days worries me going forward.  At the tail end of the second I'm still feeling really crampy and uncomfortable.  It just makes me worry about what will happen now.  I know it's probably me just being overly worried and neurotic, but I'm so scared that now I'll continue to have problems TTC.  I'll be so glad when I can get in to see my doc and get some answers and reassurance.

Ok, sorry that got long.  Thanks for letting a newbie hang and thanks for letting me vent.  I appreciate any advice or insight.

Re: Cycle after CP?

• Options
    You may want to post this on TTCAL too -- many of the girls over there have cp experiences too.  I have not had one, but from what I read most OBs say you can start TTC right away.  I am sorry that you had to experience a loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply.  TTCAL was actually the board I posted this on last weekend as well, and I did get a few responses.  I appreciate your help and I'm sorry for your loss as well.  Best of luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"