Pre-School and Daycare
Options

2+moms with 3 year olds

I am due in about a month and my easy going, happy 3 year old has turned into a monster! He was sick for about a week and out of sorts and now he is just awful! Yelling at us, whining, acting like a baby, NOT pooping (after being totally trained for a few months which I know if making him additionally more uncomfortable)! I understand that he is sensing a change and we have been trying to prepare him, but now I feel like we have overdone it. I am hoping that maybe once baby arrives he will be more excited than anxious, but I am nervous! He has brought me to tears more than once in the last few days.....I am a wreck

Re: 2+moms with 3 year olds

• Options
    We've been going through the same thing for awhile now (check my ticket- 2 days overdue).  DD has weeks when she is a monster.  She's been potty trained for almost 2 years but has accidents most days at school, which she's never done.  Last week was terrible until Friday when I made it a point to spend a day enjoying each other's company.  I remind her that I love her and like her, and nothing will change that.  I am extremely consistent and firm about not tolerating her mistreating me.  If she yells or talks back, I calmly lead her to her room for a time out.  She's had major ups and downs, and I imagine we'll have that for another few months.  Hang in there.  I know it's awful.  DD went nuts in Target today- screaming on the floor which she has never, ever done.  Nothing like pulling the cart up to the checkout and the 16 yr old checker saying "How are you doing today" while my child screams in the cart.  How the heck do you think I'm doing?!?!  40+ weeks pregnant with a screaming 3 year old!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! This makes me feel a little better! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

3 was SO much harder for us than 2's.... so it might not be the baby coming- but just being 3 :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageUsedToBeGoldie:

3 was SO much harder for us than 2's.... so it might not be the baby coming- but just being 3 :)

Ditto this.  3 was/is a really tough age for us.  My daughter was really difficult as a 3 year old and DS is also very challenging as a 3 year old.  2 was so, so much easier with both of my kids.  DD is now 4.5 and is really easy.  I'm hoping that it's only a phase with DS because he's really testing my patience.  

Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"