May 2011 Moms
Options

Standing up in the tub

How do you prevent this from becoming a disaster?  Bathtime for baby has become: splash splash, then try to crawl around, slide around, struggle to stand, then fall, while I sit there having heart attacks trying to catch her just in case.

We used to just take showers, but now she's so wiggly I am opting for a regular bath.  Either way, she just wants to stand.  Tips on what might help?

Re: Standing up in the tub

• Options
    I wish I had some advice for you.... I am in the same boat. Lydia is so active in the tub. She stands, crawls, falls.....I have found though..... That if I give both of my daughters a bath together, Lydia doesn't have as much room to move around, and her older sister entertains her, so I usually throw them in the tub together.... Otherwise it's just a disaster....
  • Options
    DS's been doing this for a while. Some nights are worse than others but I think what helps us is that we still use an infant tub, the primo euro-bath, so he doesn't have lots of room to move around and I keep the water level a bit lower than the recommended. No ideas here, what I do is distract him with toys or just keep sitting him back down over and over and make bath time shorter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't stop her. Never tried to stop her. She bathes with her sister most of the time and they both stand, crawl, switch places, whatever. I am sitting by the tub watching (meaning: playing on my phone) and all is good. 
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Were in the same boat as well. My LO has given me plenty of heart attacks lately. I just hope she will grow out of this phase.......we have shortened our bath time however.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I bought this bath mat from Wal-Mart.  

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Elmo-Faucet-Cover-and-Bath-Mat-Set/10105038

It works pretty good when Eli is sitting and standing, it keeps him from sliding everywhere.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got a blow up baby tub from sears. Its the safety first tub and its small enough that she cant really get anywhere and its padded. She still tries to stand but its easier to have her contained. I also like that i don't have to fill the whole tub with water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"