Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Drink 'til it's pink ...and beyond?

Here's a interesting article on CNN.com about drinking and pregnancy.  Not sure I agree and I know it's not worth the risk - but found it interesting.

https://pagingdrgupta.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/cosmos-after-conception/

Re: Drink 'til it's pink ...and beyond?

• Options
    Wow, that's interesting.  I can't say that I agree.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker 

October 2012: Missed Miscarriage, Baby with no heartbeat, stopped growing after 7 wks 
    November 2012: D&C
  • Options
    hmmm- I'm still not taking any chances :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just reading the article and though about posting too.
  • Options
    i have heard about this study before too, but i don't think i will be taking any chances either (when my time comes)
  • Options
    I'd rather be safe than sorry, but it is interesting
  • Options
    one or two drinks is not worth it! Some people.....phew!
  • Options

GMA did something on this a while back too.  Something about 2 moms and one quit drinking totally when she got pg and the other drank a glass of wine 3-5 times a week.  She said something about "All things in moderation" but 3-5 times a week is NOT moderation.  You can google it if you want to read the whole thing

I don't drink near as much as I used to, but I mostly did it because its expensive and I don't need to drink that often.  I'm not going to drink at all when I pg.

• Options
    I have a friend who was pregnant in another country (I want to say Austria, it was def somewhere in Europe) and she had something happen where she needed to see a dr (nothing serious, I can't remember what it was) and the dr told her to relax and have a glass of wine. ?My friend said she was shocked but after talking to other women, I guess it is very common in Europe for pg women to drink occasionally. ?i don't think that I would ever take the change with my own baby, but I do think its interesting how different the perspectives are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A lot of my friends had an occasional glass of wine in the 2nd & 3rd trimesters & they got the ok from their doctors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageMainer-in-Texas:
    A lot of my friends had an occasional glass of wine in the 2nd & 3rd trimesters & they got the ok from their doctors.

Ditto, I've had plenty of friends have an occasional glass of wine during pregnancy and be fine. I also lived in europe where it was common to celebrate someones pregnancy by opening a bottle of champagne. I guess i'm used to it so I don't think its a huge deal. Now maybe if someone was out getting wasted I would think otherwise, but I don't think the occasional drink is going to hurt the baby.

2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

I couldn't do it for two reasons.

1. I'd feel so guilty that I wouldn't even enjoy the sip/drink that I was taking

2. Some people would pass judgements

Not worth it to me to risk harming an unborn child.

BFP #1 on cycle 19, 6/13/09, blighted ovum discovered on 8/3/09
    BFP #2 3/1/10 yay for seeing the baby and seeing hb at 6w! Found at on 4/26/10 that the baby had stopped growing at 7w
    BFP #3 11/19/11
    Baby Boy Bruce born 7/21/12
    Check out my blog!
  • Options
    I'm not interested in taking a chance, but I also think there's a difference between having a drink multiple times a week and once to celebrate your BFP or like a wedding or something. A really special event I would find less worrisome than a pg women drinking each week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"