Preemies
Options

Brennen arrived @ 26weeks

Hello Ladies!

Thanks to everyone who posted for me ... Its been a long ten days but im so greatful for the time ive had with my baby! Brennen was born @ 26 weeks, 2lbs n 2oz, 13.19 inches long, on 3.7.12 @ 224am ...

Unfortunately my cerclage had to be removed after i started laboring due to bleeding ... He came within 6 hours later :)

He was on the oscilliatory which is a type of ventilator but 2 days ago was moved to a standard ventilator ... he is up to 12 cc of breast milk per hour which i pump...i am actually having trouble with my milk supply but recently was given a medicine by the doctor and it has slowly increased now ... 

Brennen has overall been doing good i cant complain ... his ultrasound of his brain came back normal as no brain bleeds, oxygen is down to 38, no tummy issues...the only hurdle is his underdeveloped lungs...they figured for his size at 26 weeks he would have maybe been more mature ... but they are quite weak at this point.

I am got a room at the ronald mcdonald house so im sooo grateful i get to be so close .. as most moms i spend 10-14 hours with him a day ... I just finished his baby blanket :) ... i love every minute I get!  

But so many people have blessed us and everyones prayers are just so appreciated! i hope everyones pregnancy is going well and everyone bakes nice and long :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Brennen arrived @ 26weeks

• Options
    image" onmouseover="undefined" onmouseout="undefined">
  • Options
    Oh my goodness congratulations.  What a cutie and great size!  I'm so glad you are able to stay close and be at the NICU as much as you can.  I hope that the NICU is an easy roller coaster for you and your baby is home as soon as possible.  Know that we are here for all your ups and downs... please lean on us if you need to at any point!  Congratulations again!   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!  Your LO is so cute.  And, that's great that you're able to stay so close. 
    My DS was in the NICU & although I didn't post all that often, I visited the forum everyday.  The ladies on here have some really great info. 
    Wishing you & your LO all the best. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!! He is precious! The NICU is definitely a roller coaster ride, especially with babies born that early. Just try to take it one day at a time (I know it is much easier said than done). This board is a great support so keep us updated! I will keep Brennan in my T&Ps that he continues to do well!!
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! Praying that he continues to improve daily. Please keep us posted.

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Congratulations on your LO! I also have a 26 weeker.  Today she is 6 weeks old--it feels like I've been a NICU mom for a long time as well as not that long. GL on your NICU journey and lots of T&P that Brennen continues to improve!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats mama, he is adorable! That is a HUGE 26 weeker (my LO was 3lbs at 29w, 6d, and she was considered gigantic, lol), so they may be right about his gestational age being off a bit. So glad to hear he is doing well thus far. 
  • Options

Awww congrat's on the little man!   =) 

I have a cerclage in place too and I am expecting twins. I have an incompetent cervix .. and I am a nervous wreck something is going to go wrong!!!   =(    I suffered two second trimester losses previously 24 weeks and 20 weeks  =(    I am so glad your son is alive and doing well!

My youngest son was 2lbs when he was born too. When he was born they honestly didn't think he was going to make it. They told me its only a matter of time.. and had me so worried! Then when he was breathing on his own and appeared to be doing alright they tried to tell me he may have some mental issues. He didn't .. and doesn't! My sons lungs were underdeveloped too. He had the valve between his lungs and his heart wasn't developed properly. It was like a leaky valve. Well ... he actually had two of them. It didn't affect him when he was that teeny tiny though. They said sometimes it will finish developing on its own and other times they will have to go in and fix it. They said by age two it should close and if not they would have to fix it. Well .. when he was two it still had not closed so he had to have heart surgery. He was lucky his was small enough they could do the one where they go through the leg. So he has two little stints in his heart. He has mild asthma too which seems to get better and better each year. He is 8 years old now and is a healthy happy little boy. This being said .. I hope your little guy is able to fight the good fight and develop as he should and be a strong breathing little bugger soon!   =)  

Good luck to you both and my prayers will be with you and the little guy.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy!  I have a picture of my 26 weeker that looks almost identical to the one you posted.  Hang in there mama! 
  • Options
    Welcome! Brennen is adorable. Please post often and keep us updated on your little guy. My DD was born at 27 weeks and just turned one! Lots of us have struggled with breastmilk, pumping, etc so ask questions when you have them. We've all been where you are and are here to support you!
  • Options
    Aww, he is precious!! Congratulations!! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

T & P's to you and your family! My DS was 25 weeks, 2lb 3oz and 13.98 inches. He is 4 1/2 months now and doing great. Enjoy the RMDH like we did with our stay in the NICU. The best part was being in walking distance or security running all night for those nights I couldn't sleep!

p.s. If you are where I think you might be the Nurses are awesome!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! He is a cutie! I'm so glad you got a room nearby - and it sounds like you're a crafty type. What kind of blanket did you make? Crocheting while kangaroo'ing is what kept me sane for the second half of our stay.
  • Options
    Congratulations!  What a cutie.
  • Options
    Congratulations - he's adorable! I wish you a brief and drama-free NICU stay!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"