Preemies
Options

Ethan is breaking out of the NICU!

My son is being released today!! He weighs 5lbs5oz and is eating like a champ (sometimes 70ml!! haha my lil piglet <:) We are going to stay with him here (in the room I've been in (they offer complimentary maternity rooms for moms and dads with kids in Special Care) because I am pumping for Allison and if I leave I cannot bring Ethan back in the nursery. Allison is due to be released Sunday or Monday (she was 3lb, 15oz at 12am!!) hoping she will hit 4!! She is going to do her car seat test later today, hopefully we will not need a carbed. Nurse thinks she will hopefully pass due to her "feisty spirit". So that means a total of 22 days for Ethan and 23-24 for Allison... we have been very lucky with having such a short stay, especially since Allison was IUGR (4th percentile)! Thank you for having this board! I read it a lot before I gave birth knowing my kids would be early birds, I was very fortunate to get them a little over 34 weeks! I hope to post when I can and be supportive to this great board <:
Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Ethan is breaking out of the NICU!

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    Awesome news!! I'm glad that you had a short stay! GL on Allison's car seat test! Smile
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Yay!  Happy homecoming Ethan and soon Allison! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that is AWESOME  News!!!!  BTW-- I LOVE your siggy pic!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    That's great! Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WOO! awesome news - and how very, very nice they let you stay - that's the first I've heard of a situation like that!
  • Options
    Wow, that is amazing! Congrats!!
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Woohoo!!  So glad Allison's going to be just at 4 lbs and that they pretty much get to go home with you together!  That's awesome!
    image image image

• Options
    How awesome!
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • Options
    Wonderful news!

• Options
    that's wonderful!! Congrats!!
  • Options

They are adorable!  Congrat's to you and dad! 

I am expecting twins now .. and I am a nervous wreck. I know they will be early I have an incompetent cervix and my doc placed a cervical cerclage in me at 13 weeks. I had previously suffered two second trimester losses  =(   My youngest son was a premmie too he was only 2lbs when he was born and I have been told its very likely these twins will be early too. I too am expecting boy/girl twins!   =)  I can't wait until I can see their faces and hold them!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

That is GREAT news!

Our little miracles were born the same day =)

I hope little Miss Allison can pass her car seat test and both of your babies will be jail breaking!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That's wonderful! I hope Allison is home and out of the NICU soon!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    That is fantastic news! I am so happy for you and your family :)
  • Options
    Way to go Ethan - your sister is right behind you!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"